This Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is super easy to make, and comes out moist and delicious every time. It’s actually so good that I didn’t even need ice cream with it. And that hardly ever happens in my world!
Today is National Chocolate Chip Day. I can totally get on board with that, because chocolate chips are a staple at my house. I start to get a little jumpy when we’re down to two bags. I’m only aware of one time when we actually totally ran out and had NO chocolate chips in the house. We refer to it as the “Disaster of ’98”. It was a very scary day.
I hope that you have some chocolate chips, because you are about to be bombarded with over a dozen mouthwatering recipes featuring chocolate chips. Starting with this Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake. It starts with a cake mix, but since it’s made in a Bundt pan, it looks really fancy. Like you slaved. But you didn’t. It can be our little secret.
I would have preferred to use mini chocolate chips in the batter. They work better, because they spread out more evenly through the cake, instead of sinking to the bottom (which ends up being the top). But alas, someone had finished off my bag of mini chocolate chips. I used semi-sweet, but if you prefer milk chocolate, go for it!
Oh, and lest I forget, let’s talk about the frosting for a minute. It is heavenly! If all you’ve ever had is frosting from a can, you are seriously missing out. This homemade chocolate frosting can be whipped up in under 5 minutes. 5 minutes!
That’s all it takes to have spoonfuls of melt in your mouth, creamy chocolate frosting that makes you want to hide in your closet and forget that calories are a thing. Make it! You won’t be sorry.
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chocolate chips (mini work the best)
- 1/4 cup butter, very soft
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- dash salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 Tbsp milk
- Combine cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, and water in a large mixing bowl. Beat till smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a well greased and floured 12 cup Bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes, or till a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then invert to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- For frosting: Combine butter, cocoa, salt, powdered sugar, vanilla, and 3 Tbsp milk. Beat till smooth, adding enough milk to get a spreadable consistency. It should be thin enough that it will run down the sides of the cake a little, but not be as thin as a glaze.
- Frost cooled cake.
Here are a bunch more tasty recipes from some of my blogging buddies featuring the ever popular chocolate chips. Don’t they look amazing?
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake from Creations by Kara (right here!)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes from Cupcake Diaries
Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies from Butter with a Side of Bread
Gluten Free Cookie Dough Blizzard from Tried and Tasty
Light Berry Dark Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars from Happy Food Healthy Life
Chocolate Chip Bagels from Ashlee Marie
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream from Like Mother Like Daughter
Vanishing Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies from Real Mom Kitchen
Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1-Chocolate Chip Pecan Caramels
2-Chocolate Chip Pancakes from Real Mom Kitchen
3-Toasted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
4-Chocolate Chip Cookie S’more Bars from Jamie Cooks It Up!
5-Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
6-Chocolate Chip Graham Crackers from Happy Food Healthy Life
7-Chocolate Chip Scones from Ashlee Marie
8-Eggless Cookie Dough for Two from Like Mother Like Daughter
9-Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies from Butter with a Side of Bread
10-Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
11-Candy Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups