What makes this the best cheeseburger mac and cheese:
How do you make cheeseburger macaroni?
*EXTRA EASY VERSION – Instead of making a homemade white sauce (step #3), you can just stir in 1/2 cup of heavy cream and one cup of grated cheese. It’s not quite as creamy, but still tastes great!
CHEESEBURGER MACARONI VARIATIONS:
- Feel free to use whatever pasta you have on hand. I’ve also tried it with rotini and bowtie pasta. Just keep in mind that you will need to adjust the simmering time because they all cook differently.
- Use your favorite cheese. Sharp cheddar and colby jack would be great, but you could go crazy and try pepper jack or any other type of cheese that melts well.
- As I mentioned above, instead of making the homemade cheese sauce, you can just substitute cream and shredded cheese. Still tasty.
- If your family likes mustard, you can stir in a teaspoon or two right before you top the skillet with cheese.
- For more burger flavor, garnish with diced pickles, or even some crumbled crisp bacon.
Can you freeze cheeseburger macaroni?
What goes well with cheeseburger macaroni?
MORE EASY PASTA DISHES:
CHEESEBURGER MAC AND CHEESE
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet until meat is brown. Drain off any fat.
- Stir in garlic, can of tomatoes (with juice), broth, worcestershire, paprika, salt, pepper, and uncooked pasta. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer uncovered, for 10-12 minutes until pasta is tender.
- While mixture is cooking, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, then milk. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly, and boil for at least a minute.
- Turn heat to low and slowly stir in just a cup of the cheese. Whisk till melted. Stir into the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle last cup of cheddar cheese on top. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
In place of the homemade cheese sauce, you can just stir in 1/2 cup of heavy cream and a cup of grated cheese. Not quite as creamy, but still tasty!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 1064mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 36g