Fall is definitely upon us here in Utah. I love the crisp morning air. I love that I can turn off the AC, leave the windows open, and have a nice breeze blowing through the house. Then there’s the baking. Ah the baking. I love that I can bake without worrying about heating up the house.
I saw some cherry brownies on Pinterest, and knew I had to make some. I just used one of my favorite brownie recipes, and added the cherries and almond extract. Oh my were they good! Nice and moist, with juicy cherries in every bite. Aren’t they pretty with those little red cherries peeking out?
If you’re feeling really sinful, (like I am way too often), you can add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It can be our little secret. 😉
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Whisk together melted butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk in almond extract and eggs.
- Stir in flour, salt, and cocoa.
- Drain cherries really well, then add to batter. Mix well.
- Spread batter in a greased 9x13" pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, or till toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g