Andes Mint Brownies are the perfect dessert for chocolate mint fans! A chewy, fudgy brownie topped with a layer of melted Andes mints. Easy to make, hard to resist!
I have always been a fan of Andes mints, but these brownies take that minty chocolate goodness to a new level! If you love chocolate mint like I do, you are going to LOVE this recipe.
REASONS TO MAKE THESE ANDES BROWNIES
- They are perfectly fudgy with the perfect amount of minty flavor.
- Hello. The sweet layer of melted Andes mints. Oh baby is it good!
- Aside from the mints, you probably have all of the simple ingredients in your kitchen right now.
- Finely chopped nuts add a tasty surprising crunch.
- Whether you serve them to family, guests, or at holiday gatherings, people won’t be able to stop coming back to the pan. They are always a hit!
My mint brownies are insanely popular and my family is constantly begging me to make them. This recipe has the same great taste, but they are quicker and easier to make.
Several years ago my sister in law brought a pan of these brownies to Thanksgiving dinner. At first glance, they looked like plain Jane brownies. But after one bite, I skipped the pumpkin pie and went back for another brownie. They are so good!
HOW TO MAKE ANDES MINT BROWNIES
- Melt together butter and cocoa powder.
- Whisk together sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the sugar mixture and stir together.
- Fold in melted chocolate, then nuts.
- Pour batter into pans and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle Andes mint bits on top and let sit for 5 minutes or till melted. Spread evenly over the brownies. Lick the spoon. 😉
- Let brownies sit for a couple of hours till chocolate is set. If you let them sit too long, the topping is hard to cut through. But if that happens, you can run your knife under hot water, dry it off, and then cut them.
- You can use walnuts instead of pecans. Or if you have nut allergies, you can leave them out or use an additional cup of Andes mint bits
- For extra decadence, add a cup of semi sweet chocolate chips to the batter.
- If you can’t find the mint baking bits, you can use whole Andes mints. You will need about 55 of them.
Can I use a boxed brownie mix instead? There are some amazing brownie mixes out there, and if you are in a real hurry, you can definitely use a brownie mix. No judgement from me. It is pretty hard to mess up these mint chocolate brownies!
Place any leftover brownies in an airtight container. They will last for 3-4 days at room temperature, and then they will start to dry out.
MORE HOMEMADE BROWNIES:
ANDES MINTS RECIPES:
ANDES MINT BROWNIE RECIPE
- 1 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 10 ounce bag Andes mint bits
- Spray a 9x13" pan with non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the cocoa powder till smooth, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and stir till mixture is thoroughly combined and there are no yellow streaks. Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until middle is set. Toothpick may not come out clean, but brownies will continue to bake after you remove them from the oven.
- Sprinkle the mint baking bits over the top of the brownies; let sit for 5 minutes or until melted.
- With a spoon or offset spatula, spread the melted mint chocolate evenly over the brownies, making sure it goes all the way to the edges.
- Let brownies sit at room temperature for 2-3 hours or until chocolate is set for easier cutting. If the chocolate sets up too hard, heat your knife by running it under hot water. (Wipe it dry before cutting the brownies.)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g