These fudgy and chewy Zucchini Brownies are a simply decadent way to use up all that extra zucchini! The chocolate frosting makes them extra yummy!
Well, it is finally upon us. Zucchini season! Our plants are starting to produce, and once zucchini plants start to produce, you have zucchini coming out your ears. So buckle up, I’ve got lots more zucchini recipes to share!
BEST ZUCCHINI BROWNIE RECIPE EVER!
What makes these brownies the best?
- They taste like an indulgent, decadent fudgy brownie, but they are in fact hiding healthy zucchini underneath that frosting. Tastiest vegetables ever!
- You can make the brownie batter up in one bowl, using just a whisk.
- There are no eggs in the batter, so if you omit the frosting, they are vegan and egg allergy friendly.
- The crunch of the nuts is a perfect balance to the ooey gooey brownie.
- Did I mention the frosting! Guys, it is so good you might be tempted to drink it. It just melts into the brownies and creates the most ooey gooey brownie experience! They are so fudgy that you’re probably going to need a fork.
How to make zucchini brownies:
- You don’t even need a mixer for these brownies. Just whisk together the oil, sugar, vanilla, and zucchini, then stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a 9×13″ pan and bake at 350° for about 30 minutes.
- You can frost the brownies while they are warm, or wait for them to cool. So easy!
The brownies will keep for 4-5 days at room temperature. If your kitchen is warm, you can store them in the refrigerator, then heat them in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING ZUCCHINI BROWNIES
- If you really want to disguise the zucchini, peel it before you grate it. No one will even know it’s there!
- A plastic knife works great for cutting these brownies.
- If you are using a really large, tough zucchini, shredding it with a fine grater will yield a better texture.
- We like our zucchini brownies with frosting, but if you want to omit it, you can just sprinkle the top of the brownies with chocolate chips before baking.
- For extra chocolate flavor, try stirring a cup or two of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks into the batter.
- Instead of chocolate frosting, you can use cream cheese frosting or even half a batch of this peanut butter frosting.
- Top them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat.
Need to use up even more zucchini? Try these:
- Zucchini Cobbler (AKA Mock Apple Crisp)
- Coconut Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Zucchini Bread
TASTY HOMEMADE BROWNIES:
- Chewy Brownies
- Mint Brownies
- Dulce de Leche Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Marble Brownies
- Cheesecake Brownies
- S’more Brownies
★ FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR MORE TASTY RECIPES.
Zucchini Brownies with Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powde
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp buttermilk or milk (more or less)
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Spray a 9x13" baking pan with non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk sugar, oil, vanilla, and zucchini in a large bowl till blended.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir till blended, and fold in nuts if desired.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean. Frost with chocolate frosting while warm, or cool and frost.
- Frosting: Stir together butter and cocoa till smooth. Beat in remaining ingredients, adding milk till it is the consistency you like.
-If you have zucchini haters, peel the zucchini before you add it. No one will even know it's there!
-Make sure you mix the sugar with the oil. I made the mistake of adding it with the dry ingredients. The dough was VERY thick. (They still tasted great though.)
-It's not a typo, this recipe has no eggs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
(originally posted 7/22/2009, updated July 2021)
Ooey, gooey, and perfectly fudgy, these chocolate zucchini brownies are going to be an instant hit with anyone who tries them!