Ready in about 30 minutes, this creamy Chicken Noodle Skillet recipe is a perfect family dinner recipe for busy weeknights!
Hey howdy hey, I finally have a non-dessert recipe to share with you. This one is plain old fashioned comfort food. Nothing fancy, just pasta, chicken, and veggies. I found it in one of my Taste of Home cookbooks, then did some serious adapting it to make the preparation much easier.
The original recipe called for cooking the pasta in one pan, the veggies in one pan, and a white sauce in another pan. I tried it that way, and it was yummy- but way too many dishes to wash!
I tweaked the recipe so the whole recipe is now made in one skillet. Woohoo! So much easier and quicker, and it tastes just the same! I love that it calls for ingredients that I usually have on hand.
The thyme gives this chicken noodle casserole a rich and yummy flavor, so I really recommend not leaving it out. My family really enjoys this simple and flavorful recipe, and I bet yours will too.
A few more yummy skillet recipes:
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Skillet Stuffed Green Peppers
- Bow Tie Skillet Lasagna
- Chicken Fajita Rice
- Mexican Cabbage and Ground Beef
CHICKEN NOODLE SKILLET
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- dash of dry dill
- 8 oz bowtie pasta, uncooked
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Brown chicken in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the butter, garlic, carrots, and celery. Add flour and stir till everything is well coated.
- Stir in the broth, milk, seasonings, and dry pasta. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to low.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or till vegetables and pasta are tender. Stir often, and add more milk if mixture seems dry.
- Add the grated cheese and stir till melted. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 482mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 20g