Quick, easy, and flavorful, this one pot ground beef stroganoff is the perfect dinner recipe for busy nights. It is great for potlucks and holiday gatherings, because adults and kids alike love it!
Since it is cooked all in one pan, there are less dishes to wash – always a bonus!
I don’t know about you, but during the hectic holiday season, I am always on the lookout for no-fuss dinner recipes that are also delicious. Pasta is always a favorite at our house, and lately I have been experimenting with recipes that can be made all in one skillet. Less dishes to wash is always a good thing, right?
How to make ground beef stroganoff:
1- Brown the ground beef with the onion, then drain.
2- Add the remaining ingredients except the sour cream.
3- After the liquid is cooked down, all you have to do is stir in the sour cream, heat through, and serve!
As it cooks, the pasta will soak up all that flavor from the broth, making the dish extra yummy.
This One Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff has become a new family favorite. In fact, I’ve made it three times already! Everyone in the family loves it. The last time I made it, I decided to try whole grain pasta. (I used Barilla brand.) To be honest, I wasn’t sure how well it would be received with my kids.
Guess what? They didn’t even notice. The rotini made with 100% whole wheat was just as tasty as the regular pasta that I have been using for years. I will be switching over! I love that it has the extra fiber and nutrients from whole wheat, but still tastes amazing.
This is a hearty, comforting meal that everyone in my family enjoys. If there are any leftovers, they heat up just perfectly the next day!
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try. It might just become a favorite at your house as well!
My favorite products for making ground beef stroganoff:
Love this recipe? Here are a few more BEEF DINNER RECIPES you might like!
- Taco Pizza
- Black Bean Beef Enchiladas
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
- Skillet Lasagna
- Beef Stroganoff Sandwich
- Sweet and Sour Beef
- Taco Cabbage Skillet
- Hamburger Goulash
- Cheeseburger Pie
- Chili Casserole (topped with Fritos)
One Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 oz sliced button mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 8 oz Barilla Whole Wheat Rotini (about 3 cups dry pasta)
- 3/4-1 cup sour cream (I used light)
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook 2-3 more minutes. Drain off any grease.
- Stir in the garlic, paprika, pepper, flour, broth, and pasta. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered, for 10-12 minutes, or till pasta is tender and most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Add sour cream as desired. We like it with just 3/4 cup, but you can add more. Heat through and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 507mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g