Chocolate Chip Chocolate Sprinkle Cookies – add a little fun to your chocolate chip cookies with some chocolate sprinkles!
Can a person have too many chocolate chip cookie recipes? I have at least a dozen favorites, and I still love trying new recipes. There’s just nothing like a warm chocolate chip cookie.
Sometimes all it takes is a little tweak to make an old standby cookie recipe into something new and fun. That’s how it is with these cookies. The chocolate sprinkles just add an unexpected twist that most people aren’t expecting. I buy the store brand from my local grocery store, but you can also find them on amazon. Sometimes they are called chocolate jimmies.
My five year old helped me make these cookies, and she was pretty thrilled about adding the chocolate sprinkles. Honestly, she’d add sprinkles to everything if I’d let her! I think sprinkles are just one of those things that make people happy, no matter what age they are. And of course you can’t go wrong with adding more chocolate to cookies. 🙂
These tasty cookies were a huge hit with my whole family! They have great texture from the oats, and the chocolate sprinkles just make them fun. If you need to get out of the plain chocolate chip cookie rut, you should really give this chocolate chip cookie recipe a try. You are sure to love them!
CHOCOLATE CHIP CHOCOLATE SPRINKLE COOKIES
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and oats. Stir into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips, pecans, and sprinkles.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls. Place on silpat lined or lightly greased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with your hand.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Let sit for a couple minutes on the pan, then remove to cooling racks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Here are a few of my other spruced up chocolate chip cookie recipes, all yummy!!