Extra tasty and colorful Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies are ALWAYS a crowd pleaser! Pudding in the dough makes them turn out perfectly soft every time.
Everyone will be begging you to make these cookies over and over again!
WHAT MAKES THESE THE BEST M & M COOKIES:
- Pudding mix adds flavor, and makes the cookies perfectly soft every single time.
- Brown sugar gives them a deep caramel like flavor and chewy texture.
- Two kinds of chocolate – milk chocolate chips add sweetness, semi sweet chocolate adds richness, and gives you that ooey gooey melted chocolate that’s irresistible.
- Using mini M&M’s ensures that there are plenty of candy pieces in every bite.
- No chilling the dough is required, so you are less than 30 minutes away from homemade cookie bliss!
HOW TO MAKE SOFT AND CHEWY M&M COOKIES
- PREP: Soften your butter. You want it really soft, almost melted. For this recipe, you can actually soften the butter in the microwave, just don’t let it melt! Line your baking sheets with silicone liners or spray with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°.
- WET INGREDIENTS: In a large bowl (I use my Bosch), beat butter, sugars, and dry pudding mix for 2-4 minutes or until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- DRY INGREDIENTS: Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- FORM: Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Repeat with all the dough. Place balls at least 2 inches apart on prepared baking pans. Press down slightly with your palm.
- BAKE: Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom and edges. The center will barely be set, but will continue to cook after you remove the cookies from the oven.
- COOL: Let cookies cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
PRO TIP: For pretty bakery style cookies, reserve some of the chocolate chips and M&M’s. Press a few into the tops of the cookie dough balls before baking.
You can also press them into the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven, but the M&M’s have a tendency to fall off if you don’t work really fast.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER COOKIES?
Cookies will keep for 4-5 days at room temperature in an airtight container. The pudding mix keeps them nice and soft! You can also freeze them for up to 5 months.
I like to freeze my cookies in heavy duty freezer ziplock bags. You can squeeze the excess air out as you eat them, so they are less likely to get freezer burn.
You can also wrap them individually in plastic wrap and store them in regular bags if you prefer.
CAN I FREEZE THE DOUGH?
Yes, this dough freezes really well. I like to roll the dough into balls, then freeze them on baking sheets for an hour or two. When they are frozen, I transfer them to freezer bags. They will keep in the freezer for 4-5 months.
When ready to bake, let them thaw at room temperature, then press down and bake as directed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Do I have to use the pudding mix?
For this cookie recipe, there isn’t a substitute for the pudding mix. But I do have a recipe for Christmas M&M cookies that doesn’t call for pudding, so you can give that one a try if you don’t want to use the pudding mix!
Can I use M&Ms instead of chocolate chips in cookies?
Yes, for just about any chocolate chip cookie recipe, you can replace some or all of the chocolate chips with M&M’s. Personally, we think they are best with both chocolate chips & M&M’s.
Can you use regular M&Ms for baking?
MORE EASY COOKIE RECIPES:
- Cowboy Cookie Recipe
- Kitchen Sink Cookie Recipe
- Easy Lemon Cookies
- Almond Sugar Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- No Bake Cornflake Cookies
M and M COOKIE RECIPE
- 2 cups salted butter, very soft
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 5.1 oz box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups M&M (mini work the best)
- Soften your butter. You want it really soft, almost melted. Line your baking sheets with silicone liners or spray with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a Bosch or large bowl beat butter, sugars, and dry pudding mix for 2-4 minutes or until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture. Mix gently just till barely combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Repeat with all the dough. Place balls at least 2 inches apart on prepared baking pans. Press down slightly with your palm.
- Bake 350 for about 12 minutes or until bottoms and edges are very lightly browned. Let sit on pans 3-4 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
You can make smaller cookies with just one tablespoon of dough. They will only need to bake for 8-9 minutes. Unless you want 88 cookies, cut the recipe in half and just use 6 Tbsp of pudding mix! 🙂
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.