Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies– Soft and chewy cookies loaded with bits of chocolate mint, then drizzled with more mint chocolate. Over the top delicious!
There are a few flavor combinations that I just can’t get enough of. Chocolate mint is one of them. A few years ago, a friend handed me what I thought was a plain chocolate chip cookie.
Then I bit into it and was pleasantly surprised by the cool mint sensation that filled my mouth and made my taste buds sing. I was in cookie heaven. I made sure I got that recipe!
I’ve been making these Andes Mint Cookies for years now, and they are always a big hit. They are soft and chewy with nice crisp edges, and the mint flavor is heavenly.
But this time around I decided to jazz them up a little. I added some mini chocolate chips to the batter, and drizzled melted mint chocolate over the tops.
Oh my goodness people, you have got to make these! They are some of the best cookies I have ever tasted! If you’re a chocolate mint fan like I am, you are going to go crazy for them!
Because it’s National Chocolate Mint Day, I am teaming up with nine other bloggers to share a bunch of drool worthy chocolate mint recipes! Don’t they all just look scrumptious?
You can make any of them ~ just scroll down for the recipe links. We will all be sharing several of our favorite recipes, so make sure you check them all out. I know I’ll be whipping up a few of them!!
- Chocolate Mint Macarons from Ashlee Marie
- Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies from Creations by Kara (you’re here!)
- Copycat Thin Mints from Like Mother, Like Daughter Food
- Mint Chocolate Krispie Treats from Butter With a Side of Bread
- Mint Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding from Tried and Tasty
- Chocolate Mint Layered Smoothie from Happy Food Healthy Life
- Double Chocolate Mint Cookies from Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Mint Brownies from Cupcake Diaries
- Mint Chocolate Chip Brownie Sundae Bars from Real Mom Kitchen
Here’s a few of my other favorite chocolate mint recipes:
Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cream butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl till creamy and light. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and soda. Stir into wet ingredients. Set aside about 1/2 cup of the Andes baking chips. Add the remaining baking chips and the chocolate chips. Stir till just combined.
- Cover dough and let chill for at least an hour, overnight is better. The mint flavor really improves as it chills!
- Roll dough into 1 1/2″ sized balls and place on lightly greased or silpat lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for about 12 minutes. Let sit on pans for 3-5 minutes, then remove to cooling racks.
- Melt the remaining baking chips and drizzle over the cookies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 31gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 3g