Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream. . . a twist on cookies and cream ice cream that is just perfect for the chocoholic!
We are still patiently waiting for the call letting us know if we can fly home today so the boys can meet their new baby sister. OK, so maybe patiently isn’t the right word. I’m actually going a little crazy and needed a diversion since sweet little Rachel is asleep. I thought this would be a good way to pass the time.
I’m sharing an oreo ice cream recipe that I made a few months ago. It is so simple, and there is no cooking required. Just whisk together a few simple ingredients, then chill and freeze in an ice cream maker. (I am head over heels in love with this one.)
I have to say that this is the creamiest homemade ice cream I have ever tasted. EVER. Like so creamy that if it wouldn’t have been cold, my tongue wouldn’t have known it was ice cream. So smooth and yummy!
I opted for the chocolate version, but you could just make regular cookies and cream ice cream by using vanilla pudding and omitting the cocoa. Either version is sure to be amazing.
This ice cream has no part whatsoever in a diet plan. So save it up for a special occasion. Or throw caution to the wind and just make it because you are in the mood for some rockin’ homemade ice cream!
With a creamy chocolate base and chunks of Oreos, every bite of this ice cream is heavenly. Enjoy!
Here are a few more melt in your mouth frozen desserts you’ll love:
- Tin Roof Sundae Ice Cream
- Frozen S’mores Cups
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Cheaters Fruit Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Oreo Ice Cream
- Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Butterfinger Ice Cream
- Milky Way Ice Cream
- Best Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
CHOCOLATE OREO ICE CREAM RECIPE
- 2 1/2 cups cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3 oz box instant chocolate pudding
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 10 Oreos, coarsely crushed
- Whisk together all ingredients but Oreos in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover and chill for several hours or till very cold.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. During last few minutes, add the crushed Oreos.
- Pour into a container. Cover and freeze for 2-3 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 622Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 1gSugar: 44gProtein: 7g