Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream – words can’t even begin to describe how luscious this homemade ice cream is. It’s a must try recipe!
Summer is winding down, but it’s not too late to enjoy a bowl of homemade ice cream, especially one as tasty as this recipe! Although to be perfectly honest, I can enjoy a bowl of ice cream in the dead of winter. Any other ice cream die hards out there?
I usually prefer some type of chocolate in my ice cream, but my husband prefers fruit flavors. He thought that this ice cream was spectacular, and I have to agree with him.
Even without a hint of chocolate, this ice cream is on my top five list of all ice cream flavors I’ve ever tried! It is unbelievably yummy!
I have always been a fan of blueberries and lemon together, but I’ve never had them in ice cream. It is a match made in heaven. And of course the cream cheese makes the ice cream so rich and creamy. Oh my word. I’m drooling just thinking about it.
This is the kind of ice cream that you want to hide in the freezer and eat after the kids are in bed. Because trust me, you won’t want to share it! But just for the record, I did let my kids have some. I’m not a totally horrible person. 😉
How to make Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream:
(To skip my tips and just see the full recipe card, scroll to the bottom of the post.)
- blueberries (fresh or frozen berries will both work)
- cream cheese – You can use full fat or light cream cheese.
- cream -Heavy cream makes for the most rich, creamy ice cream, but whipping cream will also work.
- milk – I use 2% milk.
- vanilla extract
- lemon juice -Use fresh lemon juice!
- lemon zest
- graham crackers
First up you make a blueberry sauce by cooking blueberries and sugar in a saucepan till thickened. Let cool and chill till cold.
Beat cream cheese till smooth, then beat in cream, milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Chill till cold, then freeze in an ice cream maker.
Set aside about a half cup of the blueberry sauce. Layer the ice cream base, the remaining blueberry sauce, and the graham cracker pieces in a freezer container. Cover and freeze for 2-3 hours or till hardened. Serve with reserved blueberry sauce.
Here are a few more mouthwatering ice cream recipes:
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Raspberry Ice Cream
- Butterfinger Ice Cream
- Milky Way Ice Cream
- Almost Homemade Ice Cream (fruit ice cream)
- Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Blueberry Ice Cream
Recipe for Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
Ice Cream Base
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 4 squares graham crackers (2 full crackers), broken into pieces
- Boil blueberries and sugar in a small saucepan till berries burst and the mixture has thickened. (7-8 minutes) Cool completely and chill.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Beat in the cream, milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and zest. Chill for several hours or till cold. Churn ice cream in an ice cream maker.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the blueberry sauce.
- In a freezer safe container, add spoonfuls of the ice cream base, sauce, and graham cracker pieces in multiple layers. Swirl gently if desired.
- Cover and freeze for 2-3 hours or till hardened. Serve with reserved blueberry sauce if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 628Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 1gSugar: 50gProtein: 7g