These Raspberry Ribbon Cookies are so pretty on holiday cookie trays, and they are melt in your mouth delicious. Always a crowd pleaser!
One of my favorite Christmas traditions is making plates of goodies to give to our neighbors. I have a few standby recipes like my Easy Sugar Cookies and Dipped Gingersnaps. But every year I have fun experimenting and trying new recipes. I actually made these Raspberry Ribbon Cookies last Christmas, and I’ve been waiting all year to share them with you!
This recipe is unlike any other cookie I’ve made before. You press the dough into logs, then make a well and fill them with jam. After they are baked, you cut them into slices. They are so simple, and they look so pretty, don’t they?
They start with a simple butter cookie base that just melts in your mouth. Then they are filled with raspberry jam, which adds a yummy fresh flavor with a bit of tartness. The glaze on top adds a perfect amount of sweetness.
I am a big fan of almond extract, and I think it pairs wonderfully with the raspberry jam. But you can just use vanilla if you prefer. Either way, these cookies are absolutely scrumptious!
With the crisp buttery cookie layer and the soft raspberry filling, I couldn’t stop eating these. Good thing I gave most of them away! 🙂
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 Tbsp evaporated milk or cream (more or less to get the consistency you need)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- splash of almond extract (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl till fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and stir till well combined.
- Divide dough into fourths. Shape each portion into a log about 2 1/2" x 10". Place each log onto a silicone lined or lightly greased cookie sheet at least 4 inches apart.
- Use your finger or a wooden spoon handle to make a 1/2 inch well down the middle of each log.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and fill the well in each log with raspberry jam. Return to the oven and bake an additional 10-12 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Cool on pans for a couple of minutes, then carefully remove to a cutting board. Cut each log into slices about 3/4" thick. Cool on wire racks for a few minutes.
- Prepare glaze by whisking together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over warm or cooled cookies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 1g
Other cookie recipes to try: