Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe – this quick bread is moist, tender, and packed with cinnamon flavor. A definite must make for fall baking!
Since we are halfway through September, I feel totally justified in starting to post pumpkin recipes. I waited long enough didn’t I? I love baking with pumpkin, and truth be told, I actually bake with it all year long.
This pumpkin bread recipe is a family favorite. It is loaded with cinnamon chips, and has a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar on top for an extra boost of cinnamon flavor. It is divine!
I handed several loaves out to neighbors last year and got a few recipe requests shortly after. It makes great Christmas neighbor gifts. Everyone loves it!
The crackly sugary top looks so yummy, doesn’t it?
Guys, this bread is so good! If you’ve never tried cinnamon chips before, you really need to! They used to be hard to find, but thankfully my local stores now carry them all year long. You can find them in the baking aisle with the chocolate chips. My family prefers them to chocolate chips in all of my pumpkin recipes.
If you love baking with pumpkin, you’ll also love these recipes:
Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 3/4 cups pumpkin (15 oz can)
- 2 Tbsp sugar + 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in cinnamon chips.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin till smooth. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Pour into 5 well greased and floured mini loaf pans. Mine are about 5x3". Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the tops of the loaves.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5-10 minutes, then remove and cool on cooling racks.
- You can make 2 regular sized loaves. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Or make 2 dozen muffins. Bake for about 25 minutes.
-I usually find cinnamon chips at Walmart, but you can order them on Amazon if you can't find them. I'm including a link at the end of the post.
-This recipe was originally shared at Cupcake Diaries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 154mg Carbohydrates: 54g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 39g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
Supplies used to make this bread: