White Chocolate Pumpkin Blondies– Full of pumpkin, the perfect amount of spice, and loaded with white chocolate. A perfectly delicious fall treat!
It’s pumpkin season again, and I love filling my house with the aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg, and other fall spices. We also love Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting, and Apple Cinnamon Swirl Bread. I wish my house could smell this way all year round!
Fall always makes me want to bake with pumpkin, and this year is no exception. I heard there was a canned pumpkin shortage for awhile, so I was really glad I had several cans in my food storage.
I’d heard of pumpkin blondies and thought they sounded wonderful. All the recipes I found called for pumpkin pie spice, and I didn’t have any. So I modified a few and came up with my own recipe.
They turned out so dang yummy! They were not as chewy as regular blondies, because adding pumpkin does that. But they were moist and spicy, and the white chocolate was a perfect compliment.
Plus they were so pretty with the cinnamon sugar on top and the white chocolate glaze. I will be making these often I am sure. 🙂
How to Make White Chocolate Pumpkin Blondies
- soft butter
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin puree (you can use canned or fresh)
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- ground ginger
- ground cloves
- white chocolate chips
- pecans or walnuts (optional)
Cream butter and sugar till creamy. Add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin. Mix well. In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients and stir in. Add white chocolate and the nuts. Spread into a greased 9×13″ pan, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 325° for about 35-40 minutes or till toothpick comes clean.
After the bars have cooled, melt some additional white chips and drizzle over the bars. So pretty, and so delicious!
How to store Pumpkin Blondies
-These blondies with keep for 3-4 days at room temperature if covered tightly. If you need to store them longer, you can freeze them. I recommend freezing them before you add the white chocolate, because it tends to fall off when it gets really cold. Just let them come to room temperature, then drizzle them with melted white chocolate.
-These pumpkin bars are actually pretty darn tasty even without the white chocolate drizzled on top. You can skip that step if you prefer.
-Instead of drizzling white chocolate over the bars, you can use a simple glaze, or frost them with cream cheese frosting. White chocolate is our favorite though!
-You could also use butterscotch chips or cinnamon chips instead of white chocolate.
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES:
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Best Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chip Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling
MORE BROWNIES AND BARS:
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Almond Toffee Bars
- Oatmeal Fudge Bars
- Maraschino Cherry Bars
- Lemon Brownies
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- Churro Cheesecake Bars
- Cherry Sugar Cookie Bars
- Pistachio Sugar Cookie Bars
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars
Pumpkin Blondies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, very soft
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (I used canned)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x13" baking pan with non stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl till creamy. Add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin. Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir in. Fold in the 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips and nuts if desired. Spread into the prepared pan.
- Stir together the cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 325° for about 35-40 minutes or till toothpick comes clean. Cool completely.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup white chips with the vegetable oil and drizzle over the bars. Cut into squares and serve.
If you prefer, you can cut the blondies into squares and drizzle the white chocolate over each individual piece.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 213mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
(Originally posted 10/20/2009, updated September 2019.)