White Chocolate Pumpkin Blondies– Full of pumpkin, the perfect amount of spice, and loaded with white chocolate. A perfectly delicious fall treat!
It’s pumpkin season again, and I love filling my house with the aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg, and other fall spices. We also love Pumpkin Cake, and Apple Cinnamon Swirl Bread. I wish my house could smell this way all year round!
I’d heard of pumpkin blondies and thought they sounded wonderful. All the recipes I found called for pumpkin pie spice, and I didn’t have any. So I modified a few and came up with my own recipe.
AN EXTRA EASY PUMPKIN TREAT
- No crust rolling, no shaping, just whip up the batter and pour it into one pan. Bake, glaze, and you’re done. So simple!
- All the warm fall flavors in the batter, plus a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar for good measure.
- White chocolate adds a perfect amount of sweetness and balances out the spices just perfectly.
- More chewy than pumpkin cookies, but still nice and moist because of the pumpkin puree.
- Melted white chocolate on top not only makes them lovely, it tastes amazing as well!
- So easy to transport and serve, these pumpkin spice blondies are perfect for serving a crowd.
What is the difference between brownie and blondie?
Brownies contain cocoa powder or melted chocolate, blondies do not. Blondies typically call for brown sugar, which gives them the signature chewy texture.
Blondies can be made in any flavor, the possibilities are endless!
How to Make White Chocolate Pumpkin Blondies
- soft butter – Make sure it’s softened to room temperature.
- brown sugar – I use light brown sugar, but dark brown adds and even deeper caramel flavor.
- large egg
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin puree – You can use canned or homemade. Just don’t use pumpkin pie filling!
- flour – I use unbleached all purpose flour.
- baking soda – This is the leavening that gives the blondies a bit of rise and prevents them from being too dense.
- salt -Brings out the flavor of the spices, and balances the sweetness of the bars.
- cinnamon, ground ginger, cloves, and nutmeg – The perfect fall spices, you can adjust amounts to your liking.
- white chocolate chips – Chopped white chocolate can be substituted.
- pecans or walnuts (optional) – For best flavor, toast them first.
- PREP – Spray a 9×13″ pan with cooking spray; set aside. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- WET INGREDIENTS – In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree. Beat just until blended.
- DRY INGREDIENTS – Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices in a small bowl. Stir into the wet ingredients. Fold in the white chocolate and nuts.
- BAKE – Spread batter in prepared pan. Stir together the cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over the dough. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- COOL – Let the bars cool in the pan for at least an hour.
- GARNISH – Melt together the white chocolate and vegetable in a glass bowl in the microwave at 40% power, stirring every 30 seconds. Drizzle over the bars. Let set, then cut into squares.
So pretty, and so delicious!
How to store Pumpkin Blondies
These blondies with keep for 3-4 days at room temperature if covered tightly.
If you need to store them longer, you can freeze them. Wrap them tightly and they will last in the freezer for 3-4 months.
I recommend freezing them before you add the white chocolate drizzle, because it tends to fall off when it gets really cold.
Just let them come to room temperature when ready to serve, then drizzle them with melted white chocolate.
- These pumpkin bars are actually pretty darn tasty even without the white chocolate drizzled on top. You can skip that step if you prefer.
- Instead of drizzling white chocolate over the bars, you can use a simple glaze, or frost them with cream cheese frosting. White chocolate is our favorite though!
- You could also use butterscotch chips or cinnamon chips instead of white chocolate.
- If chocolate is your think, you can use semi sweet, dark, or milk chocolate chips instead of white.
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES:
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Best Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chip Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling
MORE BROWNIES AND BARS:
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Almond Toffee Bars
- Maraschino Cherry Bars
- Lemon Brownies
- Churro Cheesecake Bars
- Cherry Sugar Cookie Bars
- Pistachio Sugar Cookie Bars
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars
PUMPKIN BLONDIES RECIPE
- 1 cup butter, very soft
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (I used canned)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x13" baking pan with non stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl till creamy. Add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin. Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir in. Fold in the 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips and nuts if desired. Spread into the prepared pan.
- Stir together the cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 325° for about 35-40 minutes or till toothpick comes clean. Cool completely.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup white chips with the vegetable oil and drizzle over the bars. Cut into squares and serve.
If you prefer, you can cut the blondies into squares and drizzle the white chocolate over each individual piece.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
I published this recipe over a decade ago, and thought it was time to add more detailed instructions, because it’s definitely a treat I want everyone to try.
With fall spices, pumpkin puree, a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar, and plenty of white chocolate, this recipe for pumpkin blondies will make any fall day more delightful!