I am always on the lookout for a great muffin recipe. I love having them in the freezer for speedy breakfasts and snacks. I had some cranberries that I needed to use up, so I searched online for recipes. Found this one at Real Mom Kitchen. I loved the tartness of the cranberries with the chocolate.
My boys aren’t fond of cranberries, so I chopped them up really fine so they wouldn’t complain as much. They would be prettier with larger chunks of berries I’m sure, but a mom’s gotta do what a mom’s gotta do. 🙂
More yummy muffin recipes you might like:
Chocolate Chip Cranberry Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped semi sweet chocolate
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Scoop out about a tablespoon of the dry mixture and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, milk, oil, orange zest and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Add the reserved dry mixture to the chopped cranberries and stir to coat. Gently fold into the batter with the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into well greased or paper lined muffin pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 min. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
Cranberries are easier to chop if they are slightly frozen.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g
To see all my muffin recipes, click HERE.