This tender and moist Applesauce Bread is made even more delicious with a crunchy cinnamon oat topping. Enjoy a slice for breakfast, brunch, or afternoon snacking!
Although I have dozens of quick bread recipes in my collection, I had never tried applesauce bread before. Boy, was I missing out!
This bread is perfectly spiced, smells fabulous while baking, and is delicious hot or cold. Oh, and it’s easy to make. Bonus!
Don’t even get me started on the topping. Guys. It’s buttery, crunchy, sweet, and downright delicious. It is the perfect addition to the moist and cinnamon-y bread. You are going to be tempted to pick it all off the top of the bread. So will your kids. You may have to hide it. 😉
I’ve made this bread several times. Sometimes with nuts, sometimes without. Sometimes with sour cream, sometimes with buttermilk. It’s pretty versatile.
However, it does tend to stick to the pan. If you don’t want to use shortening and flour to grease your pans, I recommend using Baker’s Joy and lining the bottom of your pans with parchment paper. Because there’s nothing more frustrating than having your perfect loaf of bread crack in half and stick to the bottom of the pan.
I used canned applesauce, but if you have homemade, I’m sure that would work splendidly. It’s a delicious quick bread. Enjoy!
Tips for making Applesauce Bread:
-A few readers have had their topping sink. I’ve only made mini loaves in these pans, and never had a problem with that. I think that because the large loaf takes so long to bake, the filling sinks before the bread is set up. It might be a good idea to cut the topping in half if you make the large loaves.
Enjoy quick breads? Here’s a few more recipes:
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Snickerdoodle Bread
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Raspberry Banana Bread
- Almond Poppy Seed Bread
- Pina Colada Bread
- Eggnog Crumb Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Pineapple Zucchini Bread
- Dutch Apple Bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream or buttermilk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup oats
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- Use shortening and flour or Baker's Joy to grease six mini loaf pans or two large loaf pans. Line the bottoms with parchment. Set aside.
- Beat together eggs, sugar, and oil in a large mixing bowl. Mix in applesauce and sour cream. Combine dry ingredients and stir in. Add nuts if desired.
- Pour into your prepared loaf pans.
- Mix together the topping ingredients with a fork till crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the loaves.
- Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes for mini loaves, 60-70 minutes for regular loaves.
-My mini loaf pans are about 3x5", and my large loaf pan is 9x5".
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 6g