For an easy, hearty, and delicious dinner recipe, give this Smoked Sausage Potato Bake a try!
I have a confession to make. For me, sometimes the hardest part about making dinner is remembering to defrost the meat ahead of time. I’m not a fan of defrosting meat in the microwave, because it always ends up with rubbery edges.
I like keeping smoked sausage on hand because it lasts for a few weeks in the refrigerator, so I don’t have to freeze it.
The sausage and peppers add such great flavor to the potatoes; every bite of this dinner is delicious! We love it with red peppers, but you can use green if that’s what you have on hand.
I usually just scrub the potatoes because the skins add extra fiber and nutrition. But the kids were helping me this time around, and I forgot to tell them not to peel them. It’s delicious either way!
How to make Sausage Potato Bake
- smoked sausage
- red pepper
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Cut smoked sausage into 1/2″ chunks. Scrub or peel potatoes and cut into 1″ chunks. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir till well combined. Pour into a 9×13″ pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400° for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
More recipes featuring smoked sausage:
MORE EASY MAIN DISH RECIPES:
- Hamburger Rice Casserole
- Homemade Pigs in a Blanket
- BBQ Sandwiches
- Stroganoff Sandwich
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
EASY SMOKED SAUSAGE POTATO BAKE
- 1 pound beef smoked sausage
- 5 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Cut smoked sausage into 1/2" chunks. Scrub or peel potatoes and cut into 1" chunks.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir till well combined.
- Pour into a 9x13" pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400° for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.