Ooey gooey S’mores Brownies are a perfect summer treat . . . no campfire required! Everyone loves these fudgy brownies topped with chocolate, graham crackers, and toasted marshmallows.
I’m not a big fan of marshmallows on their own. But combine them with ooey gooey chocolate and I’m all in! These brownies were totally decadent, and definitely satisfied my chocolate craving!
We liked them best served warm with the chocolate melting into every nook and cranny. If you have leftovers, just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and they are perfectly melted again.
How to make S’mores Brownies
(To skip my tips and just see the full recipe card, scroll to the bottom of the post.)
- butter (I use regular salted butter.)
- granulated sugar (regular white sugar)
- unsweetened cocoa powder (I use regular Hershey’s cocoa powder in the brown container.)
- eggs (I use large eggs in all of my baking.)
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- Hershey bar
- graham crackers
- mini marshmallows
- semi sweet chocolate chips
Whisk together melted butter, sugar, and cocoa till smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk till blended. Stir in flour and salt. Spread batter in a 9×13″ pan that has been lined with foil or parchment paper and sprayed with non-stick spray.
Bake at 350 ° for 30-35 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chopped Hershey bar, graham cracker pieces, marshmallows, and chocolate chips. Return to oven and broil for 2-3 minutes or till marshmallows are toasted and chocolate is melted.
Tips for making S’mores Brownies:
-I like to make my brownies from scratch, but you can definitely use a brownie mix for the base of these brownies. Just prepare and bake it according to the instructions on the box, then follow the directions for adding the topping.
-Make sure when you layer on the ingredients that you sprinkle the Hershey bars on before the graham crackers. The chocolate melts so that the graham crackers have something to stick to. I learned by trial and error that if you put the graham crackers on first, the topping all slides off when you cut the brownies. Not awesome.
-I like to spray my knife with non-stick spray when I cut these bars. The melted marshmallows makes them pretty sticky!
-Store leftovers covered at room temperature. They will last for several days. You can just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds if you want them all melted and gooey.
Oh my. These brownies are sure to be a crowd pleaser. Who can resist melted chocolate and marshmallows on top of a fudgy brownie?
A FEW MORE DECADENT BROWNIE RECIPES:
TASTY S’MORE TREATS:
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 oz Hershey Bar, chopped
- 4 graham crackers broken in pieces
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together melted butter, sugar, and cocoa in a mixing bowl till smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk till blended. Stir in flour and salt.
- Spread batter in a 9x13" pan that has been lined with foil or parchment paper and sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 350 ° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chopped Hershey bars, graham cracker pieces, marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
- Return to oven and broil for 2-3 minutes or till marshmallows are toasted and chocolate is melted.
- Serve warm or cooled.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 4g