Creamy Ham Broccoli Pasta . . . this pasta dish comes together in minutes and is made all in one pan. A perfect last minute dinner recipe the family will love!
We had Easter dinner at my parent’s house this year, and my mom sent me home with some of the leftover ham. We happened to have some fresh broccoli in the fridge, so I set out to find a recipe that would use up both of them.
I found a recipe for creamy broccoli pasta in one of my Taste of Home cookbooks. (love them!) It looked incredibly easy, so I knew I needed to give it a try.
The entire recipe is made in one large pan. While the water for the pasta is boiling, you chop up your broccoli and ham. When the pasta is 5 minutes away from being done, you add the broccoli to the water.
After draining the pasta and broccoli, you basically stir the ingredients together and heat through. Using a package of chive cream cheese gives it great flavor with very little fuss. Of course, if you prefer, you could use a different flavor, but we loved the chive!
If you don’t have fresh broccoli on hand, you could substitute frozen broccoli. Just stir it in at the end with the ham and heat through.
Hope you enjoy this tasty pasta recipe!
Love this Creamy Pasta? Here are a few more easy pasta dinner recipes:
Creamy Ham and Broccoli Pasta
- 3 1/2 cups rotini pasta (dry)
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 8 oz tub chive flavored cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk (or more)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked ham
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water till al dente, adding chopped broccoli to the pot for the last 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In same pan, heat cream cheese, milk, salt, and pepper till melted and smooth.
- Stir in ham and reserved pasta/broccoli mixture. Heat through and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 685mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g