Frozen Chocolate Pie – melted chocolate toffee bars give this creamy pie amazing flavor and crunch! An easy but delectable pie recipe.
This easy chocolate pie is what my 11 year old requested for his birthday this year. And I can’t say I blame him. First up, it’s chocolate. Always a winner. Plus it is cool and creamy with little bits of toffee and almonds inside. Mmmm. I’m drooling a little just thinking about it.
You can just serve it chilled, but freezing it takes it up a notch. It just melts in your mouth and is so yummy and refreshing. I make my own chocolate crumb crust, but you can use a purchased one to speed up the preparation.
This is a fabulous dessert for summertime, but of course it’s amazing any time of year. It’s a great dessert for parties because it can be made days ahead. Just cover it with two layers of plastic wrap and store it in the freezer.
How to make Frozen Chocolate Pie
- Hershey’s Symphony Bars
- vanilla extract
For crust: Combine Oreo crumbs and the melted butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
For filling: Break Symphony bars into pieces and place in a glass bowl with the milk. Melt at 50% power in the microwave. Cool slightly. Whip the cream till stiff peaks form. Add the vanilla. Stir into the cooled chocolate mixture. Spoon into the crust. Freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Can I use whipped topping (Cool Whip) instead of real cream?
You can, but the pie will be overly sweet. If you do want to go that route, I recommend switching out one of the Symphony bars with a semi sweet chocolate bar. That will help compensate for the extra sugar in the Cool Whip.
Does it matter what kind of chocolate bar I use?
We love this chocolate pie with Hershey’s Toffee and Almond Symphony Bars. If you have an aversion to toffee you can just use the regular chocolate Symphony bar. I’ve found that the regular Hershey bars don’t give the same smooth texture. You can try other high quality chocolate bars, they should work.
MORE RECIPES TO SATISFY ANY CHOCOLATE LOVER
- Best Ever Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Nutella Fudge Brownies
- Double Chocolate Mousse Torte
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Incredible Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Double Chocolate Cupcakes
Frozen Chocolate Pie Recipe
- 18 Oreos, finely crushed (I use my food processor)
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 (4.25 oz) Symphony bars (we like the ones with toffee)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- For crust: Combine the Oreo crumbs and the melted butter in a mixing bowl, stir till well blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie plate.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- For filling: Break Symphony bars into pieces and place in a large glass bowl with the milk. Melt at 50% power in the microwave. Cool slightly.
- Whip the cream till stiff peaks form. Beat in the vanilla. Stir into the cooled chocolate mixture. Spoon into the crust.
- Cover pie and freeze for at least 3 hours. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional whipped cream and broken Symphony bars if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 20gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 2g