I spent two years searching for the perfect chocolate cupcake recipe. I wanted a from scratch recipe, not a cupcake that started with a cake mix. I made at least six different recipes, but none of them were perfect.
Then I found this one. It is moist and fudgy and delicious, and I haven’t looked back!. It is the same base that I used in my Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes. This time I wanted a pure chocolate cupcake, no frills. I added chocolate chips to the batter, and sprinkled some on top. I was in chocolate lovers heaven!
These cupcakes are nice and rich, so they go great with a cold glass of milk!
- Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Butterscotch Cupcakes
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Oreo Cupcakes
CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES:
- Heath Bar Cake
- Butterfinger Cake
- Chocolate Quinoa Cake
- Homemade German Chocolate Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Reese Cake
- Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
Double Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate Frosting
- For cupcakes, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil, water, and vinegar. Whisk till smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake at 375° for about 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool in pans for five minutes, then remove to cooling racks.
- Cool completely, and frost with chocolate frosting. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips if desired.
-I use 1 1/2 recipes of the chocolate frosting if I pipe on the frosting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 3g