I know that ice cream isn’t a typical dessert in December when it is freezing cold outside. But cream is always so cheap this time of year, that I just can’t help myself. We have a Cuisinart ice cream maker that doesn’t require the use of ice, so we can make ice cream indoors any time of year. Love it!!!
This Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream recipe is from my friend Liz. She shared it for the church cookbook that I put together a few years ago. I am finally getting around to trying it, and it really is simple. No cooking of eggs, just stir the ingredients together and freeze. Homemade ice cream doesn’t get any easier than that! And it is also super yummy!
Easy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 cups 2% milk (or whole milk)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 3/4 cup shaved semi-sweet chocolate
- Stir together milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla, and peppermint extract till sugar dissolves. Add food coloring if desired.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Add shaved chocolate during the last five minutes of churning.
- Spoon into an airtight container and freeze for about 2 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 4g