This simple homemade Strawberry Ice Cream is bursting with fresh strawberry flavor. A perfect summer treat!
When I make homemade ice cream, I usually opt for chocolate. And the more mix-ins the better. But every once in awhile I get a hankerin’ for a simple fruit ice cream, and that is what happened a few weeks ago.
I had some fresh strawberries in the fridge, so I decided to whip up some Strawberry Ice Cream. It is simple to make, and oh so yummy! What says summer more than a batch of homemade ice cream, especially when it’s loaded with fresh strawberries?
The base for this ice cream requires no cooking, so it really is quick to throw together. I have an older model of this ice cream maker, and I adore it. Making ice cream couldn’t be simpler – no ice or salt required.
I use the same base in my Peach Ice Cream, and I’m sure it would be fabulous with other berries or fruit as well. The sweetened condensed milk does something magical not just to the flavor of the ice cream, but also to the texture. It is so dang yummy!
I don’t like to have big chunks of strawberry in my ice cream, because I don’t like biting into hard chunks of fruit. But if you prefer a more chunky ice cream, you can chop the strawberries rather than puree them. We can still be friends. 🙂
After sitting in the freezer for a couple hours, it scoops up just perfectly for ice cream cones!
Love ice cream? Here are a few more yummy recipes:
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Burnt Almond Fudge Ice Cream
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Raspberry Ice Cream
- Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream
- Fruit Ice Cream
- Butterfinger Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Cookies n Cream Ice Cream
- Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Milky Way Ice Cream
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 pound strawberries berries, coarsely pureed (about 2 cups puree)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (14 oz)can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups cream
- Combine pureed berries, lemon juice, and sugar. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, or till sugar is dissolved. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours (longer if berries were at room temperature.)
- Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Scoop into a plastic container with a lid and freeze for 2 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g