These sweet and tart Lemon Crinkle Cookies use simple ingredients, are easy to make, and taste fantastic! If you love lemon, they are a must try cookie recipe!
I love and adore lemon treats. I don’t make them very often though, because my family doesn’t share my passion for all things lemon. I’ve had this recipe for Lemon Cookies pinned for ages, but I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to share them, because I can’t be stuck finishing off an entire batch of lemon cookies. Not that I couldn’t do it. . . I just shouldn’t!
A couple weeks ago I helped with teacher appreciation, and needed to make 6 dozen cookies. A perfect opportunity to try a few new cookie recipes. I made some peanut butter kiss cookies, and these lovely lemon cookies. You guys, these cookies are amazing! If you like lemon, you will love them! They are soft and chewy, with a great lemon flavor. The original recipe only called for 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, but I upped it because I love lemon flavor. They were not at all overpowering though. I thought they were perfectly lemony! There was a huge assortment of goodies, but I saw a few of the teachers coming back for seconds after they tasted one. 🙂
RECIPES FOR LEMON FANS:
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Mini Lemon Cakes
- Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- Easy Lemon Pull Aparts
- Lemon Brownies
- Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread
- Easy Snickerdoodle Recipe
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Cookies with Powdered Sugar
- Easy Shortbread Cookies
- Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
LEMON CRINKLE COOKIES
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar for rolling
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Add flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Stir till well combined.
- Roll dough in 1" balls, then roll in powdered sugar. Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes, or till set and crackly. After a couple minutes, remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g