Homemade Garlic Knots are a mouthwatering twist on traditional breadsticks. A garlic butter glaze added after baking melts into all the nooks and crannies, making every bite irresistible!
I love garlic. I love rolls. So when I found the recipe for these garlic bread knots at Annie’s Eats, I knew I had to try them. I am so glad I did, they are phenomenal!
- The dough is soft and easy to work with.
- They come out chewy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Simple garlic butter glaze on the top adds amazing flavor.
I’ve learned to make a double batch, because everyone in my family goes crazy for these. The first time I made them, my boys almost came to blows fighting over who should get the last one. OK, not really, but there was a heated discussion.
I solved it for them by eating the roll myself. It’s what any good mother would have done. Haha.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC KNOTS:
- Combine sugar, yeast, salt, olive oil, milk, and water in the bowl of a Bosch mixer or Kitchenaid. Add 2 cups of flour and beat until smooth. Slowly add enough additional flour to make a soft dough. Knead on low speed for about 5 minutes, then let the dough rest for about 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces. Roll each piece into an 8″ long rope.
- Tie each rope into a knot and place on a greased cookie sheet. Let rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350° until lightly browned, about 18-20 minutes. Mix up the garlic butter glaze, and brush on rolls while they are still hot.
How do you store garlic parmesan knots?
You can store these rolls at room temperature for 2-3 days, then just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to warm them up. They are obviously best fresh though.
If you want to store them longer than a few days, wrap them tightly and store them in the freezer in an airtight container or ziplock bags.
Give these homemade garlic knots a try, you will not be sorry. They are simple to make, but absolutely delicious. I like them better than any garlic rolls I’ve had from pizzarias. You just can’t beat that fresh from the oven taste and texture!
Handy supplies for making garlic bread knots:
- Bosch Mixer – this machine does all the work of kneading for you. I love mine for making all yeast breads!
- Garlic Press – fresh garlic gives these rolls their fantastic flavor. Using a garlic press is so much easier than chopping your own garlic.
- Pastry Brush – I got tired of pastry brush hairs falling out onto my food, so now I use a silicone pastry brush. It’s also great because it holds up to heat and is dishwasher safe. I got mine at a kitchen supply store, but you can find them on amazon.
- Instant Yeast – you add the yeast directly to the dough without dissolving it first, so instant yeast is a must. I have always used SAF brand.
MORE SIMPLE YEAST BREADS:
Soft Garlic Knots Recipe
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp SAF instant yeast
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 cups flour (approximately)
Garlic Butter Glaze
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Combine sugar, yeast, salt, olive oil, milk, and water in a large mixer bowl with a dough hook. (I used my Bosch.) Add 2 cups of the flour and beat until smooth. Slowly add just enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on low speed until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover the bowl and let the dough rest 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces. Roll each piece into an 8" long rope and tie into a knot. Place on a silicone lined or greased baking sheets.
- Let rolls rise for 30-45 minutes or until doubled in size. Bake in a preheated oven at 350° until lightly browned, about 18-20 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, combine all glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Brush rolls with the butter mixture while still hot.
Bread flour will produce chewier rolls with a crisper crust, but all purpose flour also works.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g