Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread – shredded zucchini and pudding mix make this quick bread extra moist. It’s a fun twist on traditional poppy seed bread!
You know how sometimes in life, when one stressful thing happens, a whole bunch of other stressful things happen right at the same time, and you kind of loose a handle on things and start to wonder what it feels like to be “normal”? When you start feeling detached, kinda like you are watching yourself from outside your body and that things are happening faster than you can process them?
And all you want to do is curl up on the couch, eat chocolate, watch reruns of Psych, ignore the ringing phone, and pretend like no one will care if you don’t feed them or provide them with clean laundry? Yah, I’m having a week like that. Fun times people, fun times.
Thankfully I still have a stash of recipes hidden in the recesses of my computer that I haven’t shared with you yet. This Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread is one of them. My mom brought us a loaf, and I loved it so much I made sure I got the recipe.
I’m a huge fan of lemon, and this is a great way to indulge my lemon cravings and get rid of some extra zucchini. It’s a win win situation!
Pudding mix makes this bread extra soft and moist. If you can’t find lemon pudding mix, you can substitute vanilla pudding and it will still be delicious.
Tips for making Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread:
-I like to peel my zucchini for this bread. Without the green flecks, no one even suspects that it has zucchini in it! But you can of course skip that step.
-I have better success with most of my quick bread recipes using mini loaf pans instead of large. I use these mini pans. They are 5 3/4″ x 3 1/4″.
-Use a light touch when mixing the batter. Over-mixing can lead to a tough loaf.
-It is much cheaper to buy poppy seeds in bulk. I buy mine at my local grocery store and keep them in the freezer. They last for years. You can also buy them on amazon here.
-Lemon zest is what adds great flavor to lemon baked goods, so if you love lemon, it’s worth it to invest in a good lemon zester.
We love this lemon zucchini bread. If you try it, let me know how your family likes it. 🙂
ZUCCHINI DESSERT RECIPES:
- Butterscotch Zucchini Blondies
- Zucchini Bundt Cake (with orange cream cheese frosting)
- Zucchini Cobbler
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake (with coconut frosting)
- Zucchini Brownies
MORE ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPES:
- Pear Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Cream Cheese Filled Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Pineapple Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Banana Muffins
- Cherry Zucchini Bread
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Spray two large or six mini loaf pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper, set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, pudding mix, soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, oil, and lemon juice. Add to dry ingredients and stir gently.
- Add zucchini, poppy seeds, and lemon zest. Stir till just combined.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes for large pans, 30-35 minutes for mini pans. Cool 10 minutes in pans before removing to cooling racks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 227mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g