No-Bake Cornflake Cookies: These little clusters of ooey gooey caramel cornflake goodness are delicious, and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes!
Most cornflake cookies call for peanut butter, but these chewy caramel marshmallow cornflake treats are safe even for people with nut allergies!
Sometimes they are called cornflake candy, sometimes they are called cornflake chews. Whatever you call them, they are sweet, chewy, crunchy, and hard to resist!
CORNFLAKE TREATS: A PERFECT LAST MINUTE DESSERT
Every cook needs to have a few treat recipes that can be put together in a matter of minutes. Like for the time that your 12 year old informs you at 6:30 that you are supposed to bring two dozen cookies to the soccer party . . . that starts at 7:00.
These caramel cornflake cookies are perfect for such occasions! And I know there’s always rice crispy treats, but I think these are infinitely more yummy.
If you like caramel, then you are sure to love these no bake cornflake cookies. Just make sure you have someone to share them with, so you don’t eat half the batch by yourself!
You can see the printable recipe card at the end of the post.
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE CORNFLAKE COOKIES
- granulated sugar (plain white sugar)
- brown sugar (either light or dark)
- mini marshmallows (For best results, make sure they are fresh.)
- salted butter (If you use unsalted butter, add 1/8 – 1/4 tsp salt with the sugars.)
- vanilla extract
- cornflake cereal
- Measure the cornflakes and set them aside. Set out silicone pan liners or waxed paper.
- Basically you are making a thick caramel syrup that you will be pouring over the cornflakes. Bring the sugars, marshmallows, and butter to a boil in a large heavy pan. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the vanilla and cornflakes and stir till coated.
- Quickly drop spoonfuls of the hot mixture onto the silicone liners.
PRO TIP: I highly recommend using silicone baking liners for these caramel cookies. They work so much better than waxed paper. Nothing sticks to them!
CORNFLAKE COOKIES VARIATIONS:
- Stir in some shredded coconut or chopped nuts for extra crunch.
- After they have cooled, drizzle them with melted chocolate.
- Love salted caramel? While they are still warm, sprinkle them with a little kosher salt or flaked sea salt.
- If you prefer, you can press the mixture into a buttered 9×13″ pan and cut them into squares instead of dropping them onto silpat liners. It’s best to cut them while they are still slightly warm.
Looking for more No-Bake treats? Try one of these yummy recipes!
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Balls
- Cookie Crunch
- English Toffee Recipe
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Brigadeiro Recipe
- White Chocolate Puffcorn
MORE EASY COOKIES:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Shortbread Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Melted Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
CORNFLAKE COOKIE RECIPE
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 1/2 cups cornflakes cereal
- Combine sugars, marshmallows, and butter in a very large saucepan or soup pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and cornflakes.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto silicone baking liners. Let cool till set.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
(originally published 10/24/14, updated March 2021)
If you need a chewy, crunchy treat that can be made in minutes, give these cornflake marshmallow treats a try. They are always a crowd pleaser!