Cheesy Fritos Chili Casserole . . . this easy family friendly main dish has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. The whole family loves it!
Wow, blogging is hard during the summer months. First of all, my kids are home and I want to spend time with them.
Second of all, it is so hot I have a hard time motivating myself to do much of anything.
Third of all, I don’t feel like cooking. Because it is so darn hot. To bad humans can’t live long on fresh fruit, popsicles, and ice cream.
Fourth of all, I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel. It is taking soooo much of my time.
My medicine cabinet is drying in the garage as we speak. In a few hours, it will be ready for it’s second coat of paint. Then it’s time to start re-finishing the rest of the cabinets. Just thinking about it makes me want to have a nap.
So, since I haven’t had the time or energy for cooking lately, I’m sharing a recipe I’ve had stored away for a few months. This chili casserole was one of my very favorite meals when I was a kid.
I have no idea who Elena is, but I’ve been calling it Elena’s chili casserole since I was about 3 years old, so I just can’t change it. It is a really easy recipe. Both of my oldest boys know how to make it, so I know it is no fail! I love the crunchy chips and cheese on the top. So yummy!!
Need a few more family friendly dinner ideas? Give these recipes a try:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pie
- Spicy Shepherd’s Pie
- Chicken Fajita Skillet
- Beef Stroganoff Sandwich
- Dutch Oven Chicken
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Skillet Lasagna
- Chicken Pillows
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1.25 ounce packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 4 1/2 oz can sliced olives
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Fritos corn chips
- Brown and drain hamburger in a large skillet. Add onion, chili seasoning, tomato sauce, and water.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- In a 2 qt casserole dish, layer half of the meat, beans, olives, and cheese. Repeat layers, ending with chips and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 5 minutes or till crispy on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 559Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 676mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 12gSugar: 2gProtein: 34g