Pina Colada Hawaiian Bread – loaded with juicy pineapple and chewy coconut, this easy quick bread is a scrumptious tropical treat!
Summertime and pina coladas just go hand in hand, don’t they? I love the refreshing flavor of pineapples and coconut. Of course they are best enjoyed while relaxing on the beach, but sometimes we just have to imagine we are in a tropical paradise. 😉
This Hawaiian bread is a favorite from my childhood. My mom made it all the time, and me and my five siblings would gobble it up as soon as it came out of the oven. So yummy!
I have not made this recipe in years, but I found the recipe card in one of my cookbooks and just had to whip up a batch. When I was little, my favorite way to enjoy it was toasted with some butter. I tried it that way this time, and it was a little trip down memory lane. A very tasty trip. And since there is no added fat in the bread, you don’t have to feel so guilty when you slather in butter. Yay!
We have moved into a new house and I am not used to the oven yet, so I did overcook this batch. It is not usually this brown. It was still tasty, but not as moist as it always it. So make sure you don’t cook yours too long!
This recipe makes three medium sized loaves, so you can share some with a friend, or wrap them up tightly and freeze them for another day.
If you love the tropical flavor of pina coladas, you are in for a treat! In honor of Pina Colada Day, I am teaming up with the celebrating food bloggers to bring you over a dozen absolutely fantastic recipes featuring pineapple and coconut. Enjoy!
10 New Pina Colada Recipes:
- Pina Colada Popsicles from Gather for Bread
- Pina Colada Cupcakes from The Baker Upstairs
- Pina Colada Hawaiian Bread from Creations by Kara (me)
- Pina Colada Pie from Real Mom Kitchen
- Vegan Skinny Pina Colada from Namely Marly
- Pina Colada Ice Cream from Ashlee Marie
- Pineapple Coconut Pudding from Foodie with Family
- Tropical Pina Colada Cupcakes from Life Made Simple
- Pina Colada Grilled Pineapple from Hey Grill, Hey
More tasty pina colada recipes:
- Pina Colada Zucchini Bread
- Mini Pina Colada Trifles
- Pina Colada Bars
- Pina Colada DonutsPina Colada Dump Cake
- Pina Colada Fruit Dip
Pina Colada Hawaiian Bread
- 1 20oz can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Whisk together pineapple (with juice), coconut, eggs, and sugar till well combined. Stir in flour, soda, and salt.
- Pour batter into 3 medium loaf pans that have been sprayed with non-stick spray. (I like to line mine with parchment paper.)
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
There is no typo, this recipe has no added fat. The oil in the coconut and the pineapple keep it nice and moist.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 358mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g