Mini Banana Pina Colada Trifle– a perfect way to bring a little tropical flair to your next summer picnic or BBQ. Who can resist a personal sized trifle, especially one that makes them feel like they’ve been whisked away into a tropical paradise?
This trifle is perfect for picnics because you can just screw lids on the jars and toss them in a cooler. Plus it has a buttery crunchy crumb layer instead of the traditional cake, so it won’t get soggy.
I love the combination of tropical flavors in this trifle. I have always loved pineapple and coconut, but the addition of bananas made this trifle out of this world! So many flavors and textures all combined into one heavenly summer treat.
Make sure you toast the coconut for best flavor! I could seriously just eat toasted coconut by the spoonful. It is sooo good. Plus, doesn’t it look so pretty sprinkled on top?
Usually I just make trifle in my large trifle bowl, but lately I’ve been having fun serving things in little individual serving sizes. They look so cute, and are much easier to serve. My kids love them this way too! But of course if you prefer, you can just layer the ingredients in a trifle bowl or glass serving bowl. Either way, it will taste like a little bit of paradise.
Supplies used to make this recipe:
MORE TRIFLE RECIPES:
- Crockpot Rice Pudding
- Butterscotch Pudding
- Chocolate Delight
- Peaches and Cream Dessert
- Banana Pudding Brownies
PINA COLADA TRIFLE
Banana Pina Colada Trifles
Luscious cheesecake filling, crumb topping, and tropical fruit combined into one spectacular layered dessert!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits (or fresh pineapple), well drained
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 3/4 cup toasted coconut
- For crust: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl till crumbly.
- Press into a 9" square pan and bake at 375° for about 15 minutes or till golden brown. Crumble while hot and set aside. Cool completely.
- For filling: Beat cream till soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat till stiff. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese till smooth. Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk. Beat till well combined. Fold in the whipped cream.
- To assemble: In 12 small mason jars or clear plastic cups, layer half of the crumbs, filling, 2/3 of the fruit, and 2/3 of the coconut. Add remaining filling, then crumbs.
- Top off with bananas, pineapple, then coconut. Serve immediately or chill for up to two hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 747Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 104gFiber: 7gSugar: 80gProtein: 10g
Leave a Reply