Enjoy a slice of this Pumpkin Zucchini Bread any time of day. Sweet, moist, and packed with fall flavor, it is an epic combination of two tasty quick breads. Everyone raves over this bread!
You can either make two large loaves, or six mini loaves. Perfect for sharing with friends, or freezing to have on hand for the whole holiday season.
Why you need to make this zucchini pumpkin bread:
- With both pumpkin and zucchini, not only is the bread super moist, it has the nutrients from both vegetables.
- It smells like heaven while it is baking. Gotta love those warm fall scents wafting through the air!
- No mixer required, just a good whisk. You can pop the bread in the oven in about 15 minutes.
- You can make two large loaves or six mini loaves. It’s a perfect bread for sharing! I like to make one large loaf and three minis.
- Hello, the frosting! Who can resist a slice of pumpkin bread drizzled with cinnamon cream cheese icing? Of course, even if you don’t add it, this bread is simply divine!
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN ZUCCHINI BREAD
- PREP: Wash and grate your zucchini. No need to peel, but you can if you prefer. Spray 2 9×5″ loaf pans with cooking spray. (I like to line the bottom with parchment.) Preheat oven to 325°.
- DRY INGREDIENTS: Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves in a small bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- WET INGREDIENTS: In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, pumpkin puree, and grated zucchini. Stir in the dry ingredients just until combined.
- BAKE: Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- COOL: Let the loaves cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then carefully invert and place on wire racks to cool completely. (If using disposable pans, you can just let the loaves cool completely in the pan.)
- GLAZE: Whisk together all ingredients until smooth, adding milk as needed. Drizzle over the tops of the loaves, letting the icing run down the sides.
- Instead of icing, you can sprinkle the batter with cinnamon sugar or coarse sugar before popping the loaves in the oven.
- For a less sweet bread, you can completely omit the icing, it’s still sinfully delicious!
- Toss in some chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or cinnamon chips.
- For some tasty crunch, add a cup of chopped pecans, or walnuts. You could even add some pepitas.
- Switch up the spices to your liking. Feel free to add nutmeg and ginger.
- This bread is still tasty made with half whole wheat flour.
How to store leftover zucchini pumpkin bread?
This bread will last at room temperature for 3-4 days. You can store it in the refrigerator if you want it to last 5-6 days. Just place it in an airtight container.
You can also freeze the bread for up to 5 months. I recommend freezing it before you add the icing. Wrap it in plastic wrap and place in a ziplock bag. You can even prepare the icing and freeze it in a ziplock bag.
When you are ready to serve, let it the bread and icing thaw at room temperature. Drizzle the icing over the bread, then slice and serve!
MORE TASTY PUMPKIN RECIPES:
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Chili Recipe
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Pie with Sweetened Condensed Milk
- White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Cobbler
- Pumpkin Pasta Recipe
PUMPKIN ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE
- 3 cups all purpose flour (14.4 ounces)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (15 oz can)
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp salted butter, soft
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- dash of salt
- 2 tsp milk (more or less)
- Wash, dry, and grate zucchini. Spray 2 9x5" loaf pans with cooking spray. (I like to line the bottom with parchment. Preheat oven to 325°.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, pumpkin, and zucchini. Stir in the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Divide batter between the two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let sit in the pans for 10-15 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over cooled loaves.
You can bake in 6 mini loaf pans for 30-40 minutes. My pans are about 5-3/4 by 3-1/4.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g