This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread is a must try for fall baking. It is tender and delicious with the perfect amount of spice, and has a delicious cream cheese filling.
So, I found an old cookbook binder shoved in the back of my pantry that I haven’t seen in years. (I know, that’s kind of pitiful.) It is full of recipes that I printed out before I even started blogging. After I would try a recipe, I would leave a note.
I am so glad I found it, because some of them had notes like “this was awesome!”, and “best soup ever”, etc. Can’t wait to make them all again and share them with you!
As soon as I saw this recipe for cream cheese filled pumpkin bread, I knew it had to be the first one I tried. The note on that page said “seriously yummy!”, and I remembered how much I loved it.
The pumpkin bread itself is nice and moist, and would probably be delicious even without the filling. But the filling. Oh my. It is soooo good! It has a hint of orange flavor, and it pairs so nicely with the pumpkin and cinnamon flavors.
And of course you know my affection for cream cheese. I panic when we don’t have a package in the fridge. It’s a staple in my baking.
If you love pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, I bet you’ll love this bread. Some of the same flavors, but not quite as sweet, so you can totally eat it for breakfast without guilt!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened (I used light)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For filling: Beat together cream cheese and sugar in a small mixing bowl till smooth. Add flour, egg, and orange zest. Beat till creamy; set aside.
- For batter: In large mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, oil, and eggs. Whisk together sugar, flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir into pumpkin mixture.
- Grease two 8×3″ loaf pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper. Add about a fourth of the batter to each pan. Carefully spread the filling mixture over the batter in each pan. Spread the remaining batter over the filling in each pan.
- Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5-10 minutes, then remove to cooling racks.
More mouthwatering pumpkin bread recipes: