Strawberry Cheesecake Cake . . . tender white cake with the best whipped cream cheese frosting, filled with fresh strawberries. A must try dessert!
I made this Strawberry Cheesecake Cake for Rachel’s birthday a couple weeks ago. I debated making a cute themed cake, or a pretty pink ruffle cake, but in the end I decided to go with her favorite food. Strawberries. She adores them. I knew if I used strawberries in her cake, she would love it. And she did! So did the rest of us. 🙂
The frosting for this cake tastes like cheesecake, thus the title “Strawberry Cheesecake Cake”. It isn’t as sweet as most frosting, and I totally and completely love it. I showed restraint and limited myself to a couple spoonfuls, but you could seriously eat it by the bowl-full. It is so darn yummy!
This layer cake is best eaten the same day you make it. On the second day the berries start to get a little funky. We still ate it without complaint, but it was definitely better the first day. If you do happen to have leftovers, they must be stored in the fridge.
Here are a few more must try strawberry dessert recipes!
Strawberry Cheesecake Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp butter flavoring (found in the baking aisle near the vanilla)
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced (You will need extra berries for the top)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- Cake: Cream butter and sugar for 7 minutes in a large mixing bowl. Mixture will become pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each one. Add milk, vanilla, and butter flavoring. Combine flour and salt and gradually beat in. Mix thoroughly and pour into 2 well greased and floured round 9″ cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Strawberry Filling: Combine berries and sugar in a small bowl. Let sit till sugar is totally dissolved, about 20-30 minutes.
- Cheesecake Frosting: Whip cream till soft peaks form; set aside. Beat cream cheese till smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat well. Fold in whipped cream till mixture is thoroughly combined.
- To assemble cake: Take one of the cake layers and use a long knife to level off the rounded top. Place cut side down on a cake plate or serving platter. Drain juice from berries and drizzle evenly over the top (which is actually the bottom) of the cake. Arrange the cut berries evenly over the cake. Carefully spread about a cup of the cream cheese mixture over the berries. Place the second cake over the berries, round side up. Frost sides and top of cake with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish with additional sliced fresh strawberries.
Cake recipe adapted from Bakerella.
You can substitute a yellow cake mix or your favorite recipe for the cake base if you prefer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 242mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 6g