Creamy Banana Trifle– If you love banana cream pie, give this trifle a try. It’s easier to make, and just as tasty!
I don’t know what it is, but there is something about boys and banana cream anything. And when I say boys, I mean boys of all ages. Banana cream pie is huge at my house. As in, it is requested almost every single time I ask “What dessert should I make?” My boys and husband love it. And any time I take it anywhere, it is the first dessert to go.
I am a big fan of banana cream pie as well, but it does take awhile. You have to let the pie crust dough chill, then bake and cool it. And I make the pudding from scratch, so there’s also the waiting for the pudding to cool.
A few weekends ago I was going to make banana cream pie, but ran out of time. I didn’t want to be serving pie at 10 at night, so I came up with these banana trifles, and it was much faster! I made mine in little mason jars, but you can just use a trifle bowl if you have one.
Now I did make a homemade butter crunch for the crust, and it is divine. Like so good it is hard to stop eating and you have to hide it so your family doesn’t pick at it while it’s cooling and finish it off. That good. I really recommend that you give it a try.
But if you are really in a pinch, you can use graham cracker or vanilla wafer crumbs instead. You will still end up with a fabulous dessert that banana cream pie lovers will happily devour.
The combination of the crunch buttery crumbs and the cream cheese filling is amazing. And make sure you use plenty of bananas so you get one in every bite. If you love banana cream pie, you should give this Banana Trifle recipe a try. It just might become a new favorite at your house!
Love trifle? Here are some other recipes you might like:
- Strawberry Banana Trifle
- Toffee Brownie Trifle
- Raspberry Cheesecake Trifle
- Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
These are the mason jars that I used. They are the perfect size for individual trifles, and they are so cute!
Mini Banana Trifles
Yummy Banana Trifle
Creamy banana trifles with a homemade buttery crumb crunch. Fun to serve in mini mason jars!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (light is fine)
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 5-6 bananas, sliced
- FOR CRUMBS: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl till crumbly.
- Press into a 9" square pan and bake at 375° for about 15 minutes or till golden brown.
- Crumble while hot and set aside. Cool completely.
- FOR FILLING: Beat cream in a large bowl till peaks form. Beat in the vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese till creamy and smooth. Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk. Blend well. Fold in the whipped cream.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Set aside about 1/2 cup of the crumb topping.
- Divide half of the remaining crumb mixture between 12 small mason jars. Add a few banana slices to each jar. Add half of the cream mixture to the jars.
- Repeat the crumb, banana, and filling layers in each jar. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the top. If desired, garnish with a banana slice right before serving.
Serve immediately or chill for up to 2 hours. (Not much longer or the bananas turn brown.)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 548Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 8g
Would making 8 or 10 thousand dollars monthly from the simple blog change your life.
To see the actual impact these events are receiving on the local Houston area
market, we’re going to must delay until in the near future,
when the Houston Association of Realtors releases its March home sales results.
Writing websites might be a method to channel your
understanding and creativity while using world.
Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com
This looks soo good Kara! Thanks so much for sharing at Your Turn To Shine! Featuring you tomorrow… hope to see you back with any of your posts 🙂 Enjoy the rest of your week!
Yummm! I just made a berry trifle that I had been craving! I love the banana and cream combo! 🙂
Trifle is so awesome! The possibilities are endless, aren’t they?