Ranch Bacon Cheese Ball Bites . . . loaded with bacon, cheese, and ranch, these tiny cheese balls are perfect for game day, holidays, or any gathering!
Well, January is over, and the Super Bowl is just days away. I’m not much of an NFL fan, so to be honest, I don’t even know who’s playing. There is only one reason I ever go to a superbowl party, and that is the food. OK, that’s not totally true, I also go so I can have some girl time with the other women who have no interest in the game. 🙂
But really, whether or not you are a football fan, you are going to love these little appetizers. I mean who could turn down a cheeseball loaded with bacon and ranch? Such a classic (and fantastic) flavor combination!
Of course, what really makes these cheeseballs fun is that they are served mini sized. I poked some pretzel sticks in mine to make them super easy to serve. Plus you get to eat the pretzel, so that’s a bonus as well. Everyone goes crazy over these delicious little cheese ball bites!
I use homemade ranch for all my recipes, but the Hidden Valley ranch mix is tasty too. I love rolling my cheese balls in finely chopped pecans, because I think it adds a super yummy crunch. But you could roll them in bacon, fresh parsley, or even cracker crumbs.
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup diced cooked bacon
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 18 mini stick pretzels
- Beat cream cheese with a hand mixer till smooth. Add cheddar cheese, ranch dressing mix, bacon, and green onions. Beat till well blended. Cover and chill for 20 minutes, or till set up enough to handle. Roll into 1" sized balls. Roll in chopped pecans. Chill till ready to serve. Just before serving, stick a pretzel stick into each cheese ball.
Here are a few more fantastic appetizer recipes: