Killer Chocolate Sugar Cookies – topped with buttercream frosting, these chocolate cookies are simply incredible!
Confession. I had never tasted a chocolate sugar cookie until I made these delectable little morsels. I didn’t even know they were a thing. Maybe they just aren’t popular here in Utah. Maybe they are, and I’m just clueless. Well, they are definitely a thing at my house now, because they are amazing!
I combined two of my favorite cookie recipes to come up with these. I used the chocolate base from my triple chocolate cookies, and the method for my roll and press cookies. You could of course roll out the dough and use cookie cutters, but I don’t usually have time for that! Of course if you will be using cookie cutters, you will want to chill the dough for an hour or so.
I love that these cookies don’t call for any fancy ingredients, and they are so simple to make. Because you are just rolling them in balls, you don’t even have to wait for the dough to chill. Just scoop, roll, dip in sugar, and bake!
They are pretty tasty just on their own, but topped with buttercream frosting, they are absolutely irresistible. Enjoy!!
More mouthwatering cookie recipes:
- 1 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar for flattening cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- a dash of salt
- 1-2 Tbsp of milk or cream
- Cookies: Cream butter and sugars in a mixing bowl till fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. Stir into the creamed mixture just till well combined.
- Roll in 1" balls and place on silpat lined or lightly greased cookie sheets. Flatten with glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes.
- Let sit on pan for 2-3 minutes, then remove to cooling racks.
- Cool completely, then frost with buttercream frosting. Add sprinkles if desired.
- Frosting: Beat all ingredients together in a mixing bowl till creamy and fluffy, adding enough milk to get a spreadable consistency.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g