Cheesy Corn Dip – Loaded with crispy bacon, sweet corn, and mozzarella cheese, this hot dip is sure to become a favorite appetizer!
I am super excited to be sharing this special recipe with you today! Why is it special you ask? Because it’s one of the yummy recipes in my friend Alli’s brand new cookbook.
She blogs over at Cupcake Diaries, and every one of her recipes makes me drool. She’s been working on her cookbook for months, and I was so excited to finally get my hands on it!
It’s called Sun and Sizzle: Grills to Green and Everything In Between. It is chock full of yummy recipes that call for simple ingredients. Nothing fancy, just 50+ amazing family friendly recipes that anyone can make. From snacks to desserts, it’s got a little of everything! With summer just around the corner, you are going to want to get a copy for yourself!
Now let’s get back to this amazing cheesy corn dip. Oh my lands. Who knew that just a few simple ingredients mixed together could be so mouth wateringly delicious? I had to fight off my boys just to get my fair share of this yummy stuff. It is warm and gooey and full of yummy corn, bacon, and cheese.
The chopped basil gives it a fresh flavor and takes it from great to extraordinary. It is a new favorite at our house, and I’m sure it will be making another appearance very soon!
How to Make Cheesy Corn Dip
- cream cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- cayenne pepper
- fresh basil
Cook bacon till crispy. Drain on paper towels, then crumble. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine half of the bacon, the corn, cream cheese, mozzarella, salt, cayenne pepper, and half of the chopped basil. Mix well and spread into a lightly greased 8×8″ pan, or round dish.
Bake for 20 minutes or till hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and garnish with remaining bacon and basil. Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Tips for making this creamy corn dip:
– Cook your bacon till it is very crispy. It will soften up a bit as it cooks in the dip, so for best results you want it to start out extra crisp.
– Frozen or fresh corn gives this dish the best flavor. You can use canned corn, but the dip will be more salty, and won’t taste quite as fresh.
-Make sure your cream cheese is very soft so that is easy to mix with the other ingredients. If it’s still slightly cold, you may end up with lumps of cream cheese in the final product.
-I often substitute dried basil for fresh in my recipes, but this is one case where using fresh basil is a must!
Whether you check out the cookbook or not, promise me you’ll make this cheesy corn dip. It will be a hit at BBQ’s, potlucks, or even as an after school snack. It is seriously delicious!!
LOOKING FOR MORE TASTY DIPS?
- Easy Chili Cheese Dip
- Slow Cooker Bacon Cheese Dip
- Easy Veggie Dill Dip
- Creamy Oreo Dessert Dip
- Caramel Apple Dip
Easy Cheesy Corn Dip Recipe
- 6-8 strips of bacon
- 2 15 oz cans of corn, drained (or 3 cups of frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat till crispy. Drain on paper towels, then crumble. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine half of the bacon, the corn, cream cheese, mozzarella, salt, cayenne pepper, and half of the chopped basil. Mix well and spread into a lightly greased 8x8" pan, or round dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and garnish with remaining bacon and basil.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 5g
See all my APPETIZER RECIPES.