Funfetti Donuts . . . you can’t help but smile when you bite into a donut filled with sprinkles! These fun donuts are easy to make at home.
My kids love it when I make baked donuts. In fact, my twelve year old is constantly asking me to make my cinnamon sugar donuts. They are one of his favorite treats.
My six year old, on the other hand, prefers these funfetti donuts. She loves anything with sprinkles!
I myself feel that sprinkles are more for show. I love how pretty they look, but unlike my daughter, I don’t love the taste. That being said, I still loved these donuts. So whether you are a tolerator of sprinkles or a sprinkle fanatic, you should try these donuts!
I used traditional multi colored jimmies, but I also think it would be fun to use custom colors for a party or celebration. Pink or blue sprinkles would be super cute for a baby shower, don’t you think?
More yummy baked donut recipes:
Homemade Baked Funfetti Donuts
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- dash salt
- 3-4 Tbsp milk
- Additional sprinkles for tops
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla. Add to the dry mixture and stir till just combined. Gently fold in the sprinkles.
- Spoon batter into a ziplock bag and snip off the corner. Squeeze the batter into a well greased donut pan. Divide the batter evenly into the six donut wells so the donuts will bake evenly.
- Bake at 375° for 11-12 minutes. Let cool for a couple minutes, then remove to cooling racks. Let cool for a few minutes.
- For glaze: Whisk together powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, salt, and milk in a small bowl, adding enough milk to get a thin consistency.
- Dip donuts into glaze, trying to cover each donut completely. Place donuts back on cooling rack and add additional sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 386mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 0gSugar: 43gProtein: 4g