Super Easy Pineapple Cake . . . this moist and delicious cake can be served warm, so it is perfect when you need a last minute dessert. The boiled coconut icing is heavenly.
If you are looking for a quick and simple cake recipe, you are in the right place. This pineapple cake is so simple, it’s about as easy as making a cake from a box. But of course it tastes much better because it’s homemade!
Making this cake is actually so ridiculously easy, that it is often referred to as “do nothing cake”.
There is no added fat in the cake, but trust me, it is still moist and delicious. This is partly due to the pineapple, but also because you poke holes in the top letting all that yummy syrup from the frosting sink into the cake. Oh so good!
I love the boiled coconut icing. It reminds me a little of german chocolate frosting, which I am a huge fan of! Pairing the pineapple cake with the coconut frosting makes this a delicious tropical treat.
If you love pineapple and coconut, you should give this cake a try!
More mouthwatering cake recipes:
Super Easy Pineapple Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple with juice
- For cake: Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; whisk till well combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13" pan and bake in an oven preheated to 350° for about 35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, prepare frosting: Combine butter, sugar, and evaporated milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, salt, pecans, and coconut.
- Poke holes in the hot cake with the top of a wooden spoon. Spread the frosting evenly over the hot cake.
- Let cake cool for a few minutes before serving. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 33mg Sodium: 150mg Carbohydrates: 48g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 37g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
See all my CAKE RECIPES.