Strawberry Donuts with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting – if you love a good strawberry donut, give this yummy recipe a try. The frosting is incredible!
My kids loved my cinnamon sugar donuts so much that they have been begging me to try different flavors of baked donuts. I finally got around to it. We had some fresh strawberries one Saturday morning, so I decided to give strawberry donuts a try. Oh boy. These turned out so yummy!
The fresh strawberries in the batter make these donuts extra moist, and so pretty. They are definitely more dense than my cinnamon sugar donuts, but my kids loved them!
And don’t get me started on the frosting. Oh goodness. It could be consumed by the spoonful. But we managed to get it onto the top of the donuts. The tartness of the berries is a perfect compliment to the sweet frosting. Seriously yummy stuff here!
I love the pretty pink color of these donuts. I think they would be so fun for a baby or bridal shower. But of course you can just serve them for everyday brunch like I did. Your family is sure to love them!
If you’ve never made baked donuts before, don’t be scared. It is so simple! If you can make muffins, you can make a strawberry donut. All you need is a donut pan. I have the Wilton non-stick donut pan, and I highly recommend it! It works like a charm, and is even dishwasher safe. It makes donut making a breeze!
How to make Strawberry Donuts
- all purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- milk (I use 2% milk.)
- large egg
- butter, melted (I used salted butter.)
- fresh strawberries (Frozen berries tend to add too much moisture to the donuts.)
- cream cheese (Let it sit out on the counter for a few hours till it is soft.)
- powdered sugar
Directions: Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg, melted butter, and berries. Add to the dry ingredients and stir lightly till just moistened.
Pour batter into a freezer ziplock bag. Snip the corner and squeeze the batter into well greased donut pans. Bake at 425° for 8-9 minutes or till lightly browned.
Remove from pans. Cool and frost with strawberry cream cheese frosting.
Other dessert recipes you’ll love:
- Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- Funfetti Donuts
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cake
- Chocolate Delight
- Strawberry Shortcake Cups
- Nutella Pizza
- White Chocolate Chip Strawberry Cookies
BAKED STRAWBERRY DONUTS
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup strawberries, finely chopped or pureed
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp melted butter
- 4 strawberries, pureed
- dash salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (more or less)
- Donuts: Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg, melted butter, and berries. Add to the dry ingredients and stir lightly till just moistened.
- Pour batter into a freezer ziplock bag. Snip the corner and squeeze the batter into well greased donut pans. Bake at 425° for 8-9 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Remove from pans. Cool and frost with strawberry cream cheese frosting.
- Frosting: Beat cream cheese and melted butter till very smooth. Beat in berries, salt, and enough powdered sugar to get a spreadable consistency.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 278mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 3g