Baked Parmesan Zucchini Slices – these tasty little zucchini bites are topped with both parmesan and mozzarella cheese. They are a perfect side dish to just about any meal!
A few weeks ago I shared a round up of over 20 zucchini recipes. But I am adding one more. One can never have too many good zucchini recipes, right?
I tried these cheesy zucchini slices a couple of years ago, and have loved them ever since. I can’t believe I haven’t shared them yet. They are an awesome side dish, but sometimes I just whip up a batch and eat them for lunch.
They are really simple to make, and the flavor is incredible! I love it when the cheese on top starts to brown, but you can just melt it if you prefer.
My boys aren’t always fans of parmesan cheese, but I served these for dinner last week and they gobbled them up! Such a fun and delicious way to serve zucchini!
HOW TO MAKE BAKED PARMESAN ZUCCHINI
(To skip my tips and just see the full recipe card, scroll to the bottom of the post.)
- zucchini (Small or medium sized fresh zucchini is best.)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese (Freshly grated is best, I haven’t tried it with canned parmesan.)
- mozzarella cheese
PREP: Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Slice zucchini about 1/2″ thick.
SEASON: Arrange zucchini slices on the foil. Brush with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
COOK: Broil seasoned zucchini for about 3 minutes. Remove from oven and flip each slice over. Repeat the olive oil/salt and pepper. Broil another 2-3 minutes.
CHEESE: Sprinkle each slice with parmesan, then mozzarella cheese. Broil till cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
If you already love zucchini, you are in for a treat with this easy recipe. And even if you aren’t a zucchini fan, this recipe just might win you over!
LEFTOVERS? If you have any leftovers, place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. They will last for 2-3 days. They aren’t quite as tasty reheated, but they are still good.
I definitely don’t recommend freezing them. You will end up with very soggy zucchini, and no one wants that!
-If you like your zucchini softer, you can either cook it longer, or cut your slices thinner.
-Feel free to change out the type of cheese. You could use swiss in place of the mozzarella, or go with colby jack or even cheddar.
-Love garlic? Try sprinkling a little garlic powder on after you brush the slices with olive oil.
-Adding different herbs or seasonings would be a tasty twist. I think that Italian seasoning would be especially good.
MORE TASTY SIDE DISHES:
RECIPES FEATURING ZUCCHINI
- ZUCCHINI CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- CREAM CHEESE FILLED CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
- CINNAMON CHIP ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
- ZUCCHINI COBBLER (MOCK APPLE CRISP)
BAKED PARMESAN ZUCCHINI RECIPE
- 2 small zucchini, sliced 1/2" thick
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange zucchini slices in a single layer on the foil. Brush lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil for about 3 minutes. Remove from oven and flip over each slice of zucchini.
- Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Top with parmesan cheese, then mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and broil till cheese is melted and starting to brown. Serve immediately
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g