Stop what you’re doing and go give this Snickerdoodle Bread recipe a try! It is pure cinnamon sugar bliss, and gets RAVE reviews every time I serve it! Loaded with cinnamon chips and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, it is irresistible.
I love making homemade bread. While sometimes I have a couple hours to whip up some dinner rolls or a loaf of wheat bread, sometimes I need something faster. Quick breads have no yeast, so they are extremely easy, and ready in about an hour! This recipe is always a favorite.
My boys went back to school yesterday, and man oh man am I missing them. I am NEVER ready for school to start. This year we were actually finishing up school shopping at almost 9:00 on Monday night.
Yep, mother of the year award right here. Sheesh! Thankfully, they all had great first days, and are looking forward to the school year.
One of the Best Quick Breads Ever!
In order to make up for my lack of back to school preparations, I am trying to have fun snacks ready when the boys get home. Next week they’ll have to eat fruits and veggies, but for this week it’s all about yummy. This snickerdoodle bread with cinnamon chips fits the bill just perfectly.
Not only does it have a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping, it is studded with tasty cinnamon chips. You can’t go wrong with this seriously addicting bread. I dare you to just eat one slice!
If you love cinnamon sugar, you must give this bread a try. It is tender and moist, and full of great cinnamon flavor. Every bite just melts in your mouth. It is one of the best quick bread recipes you will ever try!
I got the recipe from my super cute friend Kristyn from Lil’ Luna. Oh my goodness it is delish! The cinnamon chips take it over the top. They used to only be available for the holidays, but my grocery stores stock them all year now. Hooray! I hope yours does too.
HOW TO MAKE SNICKERDOODLE CINNAMON CHIP BREAD
- butter (make sure it’s softened to room temperature)
- vanilla extract
- sour cream (I’ve used full fat, light, and fat free all with good results)
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- cinnamon chips (Some stores only carry them seasonally, but I can usually find them at Walmart. If you can’t buy them locally, you can get them on amazon.
Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl till fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Stir together dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients and stir lightly. Add the cinnamon chips and stir till combined.
Spoon batter into 4 mini loaf pans (mine are 5×3″) that have been well greased and lined with parchment paper. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over the batter in each of the pans.
Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes. Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from pans onto cooling racks to cool completely.
PRO TIP -The cinnamon chips tend to stick to the bottom of the bread pans, so I recommend lining the pans with parchment paper after they have been sprayed liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
How do I store Snickerdoodle Bread?
Like most quick breads, you can store leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days at room temperature. Make sure the loaves are completely cooled, or you lose the crunchy topping.
If you want to store them for longer, you can freeze them. Wrap them tightly in two layers of plastic wrap and they will last up to 4 months. The sugar topping does tend to get very soft though, and can sometimes turn soggy.
I only have a regular loaf pan, can I still make this bread?
Yes you can. It makes two regular sized loaves. You will need to adjust the baking time. They will take about 65 minutes, sometimes longer.
What are cinnamon chips?
Cinnamon chips are shaped like chocolate chips and other baking chips, but they have a sweet cinnamon flavor. I have only tried the Hershey brand of cinnamon chips. They are amazing in many baked goods, and are sometimes only sold in stores seasonally. They are so tasty that it is hard to resist eating them straight from the bag!
I can’t find cinnamon chips. What else can I use?
-If you can’t find cinnamon chips, butterscotch chips are an acceptable substitution. You could also try sea salt caramel chips, white chocolate chips, caramel bits, or toffee bits, or you could just leave them out. But trust me, cinnamon chips are the best!
Love cinnamon? Give these other tasty recipes a try:
MORE TASTY QUICK BREADS YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS:
- Cinnamon Swirl Apple Bread
- Easy Cinnamon Biscuits
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Apple Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
SNICKERDOODLE BREAD RECIPE
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sour cream (light and fat free work fine)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon chips (about a 10 ounce bag)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- Spray 4 mini loaf pans (5x3") with non stick spray, then line with parchment paper. I prefer Baker's Joy for this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl till fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and sour cream.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add to wet ingredients and stir lightly.
- Toss the two tablespoons of flour with the cinnamon chips. to coat them. (It helps prevent them from sinking.) Add them to the batter and stir till combined.
- Divide batter into 4 mini loaf pans. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over the batter in each of the pans.
- Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from pans onto cooling racks.
-The cinnamon chips tend to stick to the pan, so use parchment paper for best results.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 39gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 3g
Nutrition figured using full fat sour cream.
(originally published August 23, 2012, updated August 2019.)
If you are looking for a quick bread that everyone goes crazy for, this is it. Dozens of friends and neighbors have told me this snickerdoodle bread is the best!