Chocolate Turtle Pie – a layer of salted peanuts and caramel topped with creamy chocolate mousse, finished off with whipped cream. A decadent and delightful chocolate pie!
Chocolate, caramel, and nuts is always a winning combination in my book. This decadent pie features all three, so of course I love it. The salty peanut/sweet caramel layer is so good I almost licked the bowl clean after I poured it in the crust. I said almost, don’t turn your nose up at me.
This pie is so good that my husband and I waited to eat the leftovers till our boys were at school so we wouldn’t have to share with them. Shhh, please don’t tell.
- 1 9" pie shell, baked & cooled
- 2 Tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 20 caramels
- 1/3 cup cream or milk
- 1 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz container Cool Whip
- Whipped cream and shaved chocolate for garnish (optional)
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave; spread on the bottom of the pie crust. Chill a few minutes till set.
- Melt caramels and cream in glass bowl in microwave, stirring often. Cool slightly, add peanuts and pour into pie shell. Chill.
- Melt the 1 cup of chips and 2 T butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring often. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Fold about 1/3 of the Cool Whip into the cooled chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining Cool Whip.
- Spread over caramel layer and chill till set; about 1 hour.
- Garnish pie with whipped cream.
--You can replace the Cool Whip with 1 cup of whipping cream, whipped and sweetened. The texture isn't as smooth, but it still tastes great.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 709Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 401mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 5gSugar: 48gProtein: 10g