Indulge in absolute deliciousness with these irresistible cocoa powder brownies! They’re so easy to make, and you’ll be amazed when pure bliss hits your taste buds after one bite!
If you think brownies made with cocoa powder can’t be fudgy, you are in for a treat. This recipe yields brownies that are rich, fudgy, and simply divine!
And is there anyone who can resist a homemade brownie? These are going to disappear within minutes!
Reasons to Make These Cocoa Brownies
- They call for simple ingredients that you probably have on hand 90% of the time.
- No chopping chocolate bars, these brownies rely soley on cocoa powder for their deep chocolate flavor.
- You can make them in one bowl using just a rubber spatula, no mixer needed.
- They are absolutely fudgy and decadent, and will satisfy any chocolate craving!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR COCOA BROWNIES:
- Butter – I use salted butter because that’s what I always have on hand, but you can use unsalted. Butter adds so much more flavor than oil.
- Granulated Sugar – Melting the sugar with the butter helps give these brownies great texture and a crunchy top.
- Cocoa Powder – Regular Hershey’s cocoa, and I think it gives them plenty of chocolate flavor. If you really want bittersweet brownies, you can use dark cocoa powder or Dutch cocoa powder.
- Eggs – Use large eggs for these brownies. For some baked goods, you want your eggs at room temperature. But for this recipe, cold eggs are fine.
- Vanilla Extract – You can use either real or imitation vanilla extract, it’s totally up to you!
- Flour – A bit of all purpose flour binds the brownies together. You don’t want to add too much, or you get more cakey brownies.
- Salt – Salt balances out the sweetness and also boosts the chocolate flavor.
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIES WITH COCOA POWDER
- PREP – Spray an 8×8″ square baking pan with non stick cooking spray. (For easy cleanup, line with parchment or foil first.) Preheat your oven to 350°
- CHOCOLATE – In a medium sized saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder, and sugar. Over medium heat, whisk until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and pour into a mixing bowl. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- WET INGREDIENTS – To the cooled chocolate mixture, whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- DRY INGREDIENTS – Add the flour and salt, stir until thoroughly combined.
- BAKE – Pour the batter into your prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.
- COOL – Let cool for at least 15-20 minutes if you want to eat them warm, but for easier slicing, let them cool completely.
To keep your brownies at their most delicious, be sure to store them in an airtight container. This will help seal in the moisture and keep them from drying out.
They should last for up to a week, making them the perfect way to cure your sweet tooth all week long!
If you want to store them long term, they freeze really well. I recommend wrapping them in plastic wrap first, then freezing them on a single layer on a cookie sheet.
After frozen, transfer them to ziplock bags. They will last for 4-5 months in the freezer. When ready to serve, let them thaw at room temperature, then unwrap.
- I love a good brownie with nuts! Add 1/2- 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts to the batter for a tasty crunch. For best flavor, toast your nuts first. I find that if I add nuts, I need to add a few minutes to the baking time.
- Stir in some milk chocolate, semi sweet, or even white chocolate baking chips to make them even more decadent.
- For a more mild chocolate flavor, you can use just 1/2 cup of cocoa powder. Add an additional tablespoon of flour.
- After they are completely cool, you can sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
- You can sprinkle the brownies with flaky sea salt either before or after baking.
MORE AMAZING BROWNIE RECIPES:
- Nutella Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Brownies
- German Chocolate Brownies
- Andes Mint Brownies
- Samoa Brownies
- Oreo Brownies
- M&M Brownies
EASY BROWNIE RECIPE WITH COCOA POWDER
Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
Yes, homemade brownies with cocoa powder can be absolutely decadent and fudgy. If you are a chocolate fan, you are going to love this brownie recipe!
- 10 Tbsp salted butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Spray an 8x8" baking dish with cooking spray. (Line with foil first for easy cleanup.) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, cocoa powder, and sugar in a medium sized saucepan. Over medium heat, whisk until melted and smooth. Let cool 5-10 minutes, then pour into a large mixing bowl.
- To the cooled chocolate mixture, whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and salt, stir until no streaks of flour remain.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes. A toothpick inserted shouldn't come out wet, but moist crumbs are fine. Don't over bake if you want fudgy brownies!
- Let cool for at least 15-20 minutes before slicing. But for easiest slicing, let them cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
Have fun making and indulging in these fudgy cocoa powder brownies!
This fudgy brownie recipe was amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!
You are so welcome, glad to hear that you loved them!