These fudgy Oreo Brownies are made in one bowl, and are so decadent! Always a crowd pleaser, they are made in minutes and taste simply incredible.
Is it even possible to resit a brownie loaded with chunks of Oreos, topped with more cookie pieces, and drizzled with white chocolate? If you can, you must be a superhuman!
Brownies are a favorite treat at my house. Hello – one bowl, one pan, and about 45 minutes until you are holding a square of chocolate bliss in your hand.
I like my brownies chewy and fudgy, so if you want cake like brownies, this isn’t the recipe for you. But if the thought of a dense chocolate brownie loaded with chunks of crunchy cookie makes you swoon, you are in the right place.
A PERFECT BROWNIE FOR OREO FANS
- It’s not much harder to whip up these scratch brownies than it is to make a boxed brownie mix.
- With cookies in the batter and on top of the brownies, you get that cookies and cream flavor in every single bite.
- The Oreos in the middle soften up a bit as the brownies bake, but the cookies on top still add a nice crunch.
- Melted white chocolate adds an extra level of deliciousness.
- Because they are made in just one bowl, clean up is a breeze.
- They travel well, and are perfect for parties, gatherings, and bake sales. If you’re feeding a crowd, you definitely want to make a double batch. People love them!
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIES WITH OREOS
- PREP – Chop or crush your cookies into chunks. Spray an 8″ square pan with cooking spray. (For easy removal, line it with foil or parchment first.) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- WET INGREDIENTS – In a large glass bowl, melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add the cocoa powder and whisk until no lumps remain. Whisk in the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- DRY INGREDIENTS – Add the flour and salt, and stir until barely blended.
- MIX-INS – Fold in the chocolate chips and just 1 1/4 cups of the cookie pieces.
- BAKE – Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle reserved Oreos evenly over the batter. Bake at 350° for about 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs, but no wet batter.
- COOL – You can of course eat the oreo brownies warm, but for best slicing, let them cool for at least an hour.
- TOPPING – Melt together the white chocolate and oil. I like to use the microwave at about 30% power and stir every 30 seconds. But you can melt them in a double boiler. Drizzle over cooled brownies. (I like to cut them first.)
PRO BROWNIE MAKING TIPS:
- For dense, fudgy brownies, like these, you don’t need to use any leavening. Baking powder and soda make for fluffier, more cake like brownies.
- Make sure you whisk the cocoa powder with the melted butter until the mixture is completely smooth. No one wants to bite into a chunk of unsweetened cocoa powder!
- Don’t overbake!! Brownies will appear underdone, but they will continue to cook as they set. Your toothpick shouldn’t have wet batter on it, but moist crumbs are just fine.
- For easier removal, you can line your pan with parchment or foil.
- I like cutting my brownies with a plastic knife. I don’t know why it works so well, but it does. Give it a try!
- For perfect drizzle, place your melted chocolate in a ziplock bag and snip the corner of the bag. Easy peasy. I actually like to drizzle the chocolate on my brownies after I cut them.
For an extra special treat, top your oreo brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I definitely recommend doing this when the brownies are warm and gooey. So, so good.
MORE BROWNIE RECIPES:
- M&M Brownies
- Andes Mint Brownies
- Cherry Brownies
- Dulce de Leche Brownies
- Snicker Brownies
- Symphony Brownies
- Cheesecake Brownies
- S’more Brownies
OREO BROWNIE RECIPE
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 15 Oreos, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil or other liquid oil
- Chop the Oreo cookies; set aside. Spray an 8" square pan with non stick cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large glass bowl in the microwave. Whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth.
- Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla and whisk until blended.
- Stir in the flour and salt. Mix in the chocolate chips and about 1 1/4 cups of the chopped Oreos. (Save the other 3/4 cup for the top.)
- Spread the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the 3/4 cup of cookie pieces over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs, but not batter.
- For easiest slicing, let the brownies cool for at least an hour.
- If desired, melt the white chocolate and the oil in a double boiler, or at 30% power in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Drizzle over the brownies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g