Curry Chicken Salad Wraps – loaded with unbeatable flavors and textures, these chicken wraps are a quick and easy lunch or dinner recipe!
Curried Chicken Salad Wraps
Now that warmer temperatures are upon us, I’m always on the lookout for dinner recipes that don’t heat up the oven. We love chicken salad sandwiches, but I wanted to try something different. These curry chicken wraps were a big hit with my family, and I whipped them up in just minutes!
I started with a rotisserie chicken that I shredded, but you can cook your own chicken or use leftover chicken if you have it. A creamy curry sauce adds so much flavor to these wraps, and the carrots and nuts add a wonderful crunch.
How to make Curry Chicken Salad Wraps
- sour cream
- curry powder
- green onions
- black pepper
- cooked chicken
- roasted, salted almonds
- flour tortillas
Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Whisk till smooth, then stir in the green onions, carrot, cooked chicken, and nuts.
Line each flour tortilla with a lettuce leaf, then fill with curried chicken salad.
Roll up, cut in half diagonally, and serve.
Can I make these wraps ahead of time?
You can make the curry chicken salad recipe ahead of time. It will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. I do recommend adding the nuts right before serving, or they get soft. After you stir them in, wrap them up in the tortillas.
How can I customize my Chicken Salad Wraps?
-If you need a gluten free option, these make tasty lettuce wraps. Just fill lettuce leaves with the chicken salad mixture and you’re good to go!
-We like grapes, but you could use chopped apples, golden raisins, or any other fruit you like.
-Serve some mango chutney on the side, or even stir it into the salad mixture.
-If you like strong curry flavors, add the full amount of curry powder, or even more if you prefer.
-Use spinach instead of the lettuce leaves. Or even kale if that happens to be your thing.
HERE ARE A FEW MORE CHICKEN RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Asian Pasta Salad
- Baked Orange Chicken Recipe
- Cashew Chicken Pasta Salad
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Chicken Fajita Skillet
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- Loaded Chicken and Potatoes
- Chicken with Lime Butter
- Alice Springs Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Flautas
Curry Chicken Salad Wraps Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 cup purple grapes, halved
- 3 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup roasted salted almonds, chopped
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 flour tortillas
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Whisk till smooth, then stir in the green onions, carrot, cooked chicken, and nuts.
- Line each flour tortilla with a lettuce leaf, then fill with curried chicken salad.
- Roll up and cut diagonally.
- Serve immediately or wrap individually (before cutting) in plastic wrap and chill for up to 3 hours.
-For meal prep early in the day, mix up all the salad ingredients except the nuts. Cover and chill. When ready to serve, add almonds and assemble the chicken wraps.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 22g