Packed with flavor, this homemade chicken bacon ranch pizza is perfect for pizza night at home. With a chewy crust, creamy ranch sauce, chunks of chicken, smokey bacon, and plenty of cheese, you will feel like you are eating at a pizzeria!
THE BEST CHICKEN RANCH PIZZA
Pizza flavors have sure come a long way since I was a little girl. Back then you could basically get pepperoni, cheese, sausage, or supreme pizza. Now you can find pizza with just about any toppings you want.
I remember the first time I tried a chicken bacon pizza. After one bite, I was in heaven! Years later, chicken bacon ranch is still one of my all time favorite pizza flavors. I’ve been making it at home for years because it saves so much money.
Over the years I have tweaked this recipe a few times, and now we think it is just perfect. Of course, one thing that is great about making your own pizza is that you can adjust the amounts of toppings to get it just the way you like it!
The best pizza starts with a good crust. You can of course use a can of pizza crust, but this homemade version is easier than you think, and so tasty!
Another thing that makes this pizza better than others is that I use my homemade ranch dressing. The fresh flavor is unbeatable, and it tastes so much better than the stuff in the bottle!
What’s on a Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza?
Typically it will have a creamy ranch sauce instead of the traditional red pizza sauce. In addition to chunks of cooked chicken and crumbled bacon, it will often have green onions and tomatoes. Mozzarella cheese is usually the base, but some variations also include some cheddar cheese.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BACON RANCH PIZZA
Ingredients needed for pizza crust:
- instant yeast (I use SAF brand.)
- sugar (White or brown sugar both work great.)
- warm water (between 110-115 degrees)
- olive oil (or vegetable oil if you prefer)
- all purpose flour
- chicken (Rotisserie chicken, or any cooked chicken will work.)
- ranch dressing (I love using my homemade ranch dressing.)
- mozzarella cheese (For the best stringy melted cheese on pizza, grate your own mozzarella instead of using the pre-shredded cheese. Bagged cheese has been coated to prevent clumping, so it doesn’t melt as well.)
- crisp bacon (You can cook your own, or use real bacon bits. I like the Costco brand.)
- Optional ingredients: green onions & diced roma tomatoes
- PREPARE CRUST: Stir together yeast, sugar, and warm water in a large bowl. Add the salt, oil, and enough flour to make soft dough that isn’t sticky. Knead a few times on a floured counter till dough is smooth. Return dough to the bowl and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- PREBAKE CRUST: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. While oven is heating, divide dough in half. Roll or press each dough ball into a circle on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. (or use a pizza stone) Poke holes in crust with a fork, then bake for 5 minutes.
- ADD TOPPINGS: Remove crusts from oven and spread with ranch dressing. Sprinkle with grated mozzarella, then add the chopped chicken and bacon bits.
- BAKE: Return pizza to the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER PIZZA
If you have any leftover chicken ranch pizza, store it in the refrigerator. It will last for 2-3 days. We like to reheat leftovers in the oven. I simply put the pizza on a cookie sheet and place it in a cold oven. I turn the oven on to 275 or 300 degrees. When the oven is hot, the pizza is ready!
We have also had good luck reheating pizza in an air fryer. Of course, if you prefer, you can always heat it in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- You can also make this as one large pizza and fill a 15″ x 10″ pan. Increase the final baking time to about 20 minutes.
- If you really love garlic, you can add an extra minced garlic clove to the dressing.
- We have also tried topping this chicken bacon pizza with chopped Roma tomatoes and green onions after it bakes. Delicious!
- For extra bacon flavor, instead of using precooked chicken, cook up your own diced chicken in bacon grease. It will be extra crisp and yummy.
- I have sometimes used 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese in place of 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese. My kids really like it that way, and it adds a pop of color. You could also use monterey jack, pepper jack, or your favorite cheese.
MORE TASTY PIZZA RECIPES:
CHICKEN MAIN DISHES:
- Orange Chicken
- Chicken Flautas
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken ala King
- Curry Chicken Salad Wraps
- Cabbage Chicken Salad
CHICKEN BACON RANCH PIZZA RECIPE
- 2 1/4 tsp SAF instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups flour (approximately)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast (shredded or chopped)
- 2/3 cup Ranch dressing (I use homemade)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon (about 4 slices)
- Mix yeast, sugar, and water in a large bowl.
- 2. Add salt, olive oil, and enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead a few times just till smooth. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475 °.
- Divide dough in half. Roll or press each piece of dough into a 11-12" circle on pans that have been greased. I like to sprinkle the pans with cornmeal, but that is totally optional.
- Poke holes in crust with a fork. Bake for about 5 minutes.
- Remove pizza crusts from oven. Spread with ranch dressing, then cheese, chicken, and bacon.
- Bake at 475° for about 8-10 more minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 792mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g