These easy Caramelized Onion Pork Chops call for ingredients you already have in your pantry, and they are so tasty!
I am pretty new to cooking with pork, but apparently the rest of you love pork chops. My parmesan crusted pork chop recipe is one of the most popular recipes on my site, and the crock pot ranch pork chops are right up there.
I figured I better start sharing a few more pork chop recipes to keep everyone happy! 🙂
These pork chops could not be easier to make. Basically the only thing you have to do is slice an onion. And that onion adds an incredible amount of flavor to these chops! This is the first time I have ever caramelized onions at home, but it won’t be the last. They are so tasty!
You can use boneless or bone-in pork chops for this recipe. I used boneless because I like the convenience, but the bone in variety is actually more flavorful and tender. Use whatever you prefer!
Looking for a few more ways to serve pork? Here’s a few ideas:
- Ranch Crock Pot Pork Chops
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- Best Ever Grilled Pork Chops
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork
PORK CHOPS WITH ONIONS
- 6 pork loin chops
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt (more if desired)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (or other oil)
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup water
- Season both sides of the pork shops with seasoning salt and pepper. Heat oil in a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Brown both sides of the pork chops.
- Add the onion and water. Turn heat to low and simmer pork chops, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Flip pork chops over, cover, and simmer for another 15 minutes or till tender. Remove pork chops from skillet and keep warm.
- Turn heat up to medium high and cook onions, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, or until most of the water is evaporated. Serve pork chops topped with the onion mixture.
If you don't have a large onion, use two small onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 41g