Cherry Chocolate Chip Dip: this sweet and creamy dip will quickly become a family favorite!
My family is totally divided when it comes to maraschino cherries. Half of us love them, the other half (the wrong half), won’t touch them. I happen to love them, especially when combined with chocolate! This creamy dip is so easy to make, and so very yummy! Think of it as cheesecake in a bowl. Instead of having a crust on the bottom, you just happen to scoop it up with the graham cracker “crust”. How fun is that?
I was originally going to make a cherry chocolate cheeseball, but the juice from the cherries made the mixture too sticky to roll together. So I just went with the dip. Not only was it faster to put together, but it is easier to eat.
I was going to serve it with graham cracker sticks and vanilla wafers, but no lie- the store was having a sale on crackers, and they were out of both! So we just used graham crackers, and it was super duper yummy. Because of it’s pretty pink color, it would be just perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Here are a few more cherry chocolate recipes you should try:
- Frosted Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Cherry Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Cherry Chocolate Brownies
MORE SWEET SNACKS:
- Candied Pecans
- Toffee Apple Dip
- Cinnamon Chex Mix
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Cinnamon Almonds
- Frozen Yogurt Bites
- White Chocolate Puffcorn
- Reese Popcorn
- Strawberry Dip
CHOCOLATE CHIP CHERRY DIP
- 8 oz light cream cheese (also called neufchatel cheese), softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 6 Tbsp finely chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup (heaping) mini chocolate chips
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer till smooth and creamy.
- Beat in powdered sugar and almond extract till well blended.
- Stir in the diced cherries and chocolate chips. Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers or fresh fruit.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g